Where in time would you go??...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by todd s, May 17, 2006.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Relating to my thread about "What this woman has seen in her life". I have the following question. If you were allowed to go back in time to 3 different time periods. Where and when would you go? NO paradox's...ie Going back in time and killing Grandpa. Or going back to the early 80's and telling yourself to buy Microsoft, Yahoo or whatever internet stock.. [​IMG]

1-1929 to see the NY Yankees and "Murderer's Row" play a game at Yankee Stadium.

2-Early AD to visit the Library of Alexandria. And with a scanner try to copy as many of the scrolls of literature, history, etc that was lost when the Library was destroyed.

3-About 20k years ago and get DNA/Eggs/Sperm from now extinct species..ie-Mastadons and other non-lethal animals.....and this guy. The Irish Elk which was around 7ft high at the shoulders and 12ft antlers.

[​IMG]

2. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

after the invention of the washing machine/dishwasher, but before the advent of the computer and CP. (but I'd like to keep the web [​IMG] and HD and ...drat it never ends! [​IMG] )

seriously...the Library of Alexandria!!! That would be a top pick...and a fly on "Teddy" Theodore Roosevelts' wall.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

So why can you gather DNA but I can't gather stocks and bonds? [​IMG] Keep in mind that introducing extinct species (even "non-lethal" ones as you state) could easily throw off the balance of ecosystems and adversely affect native wildlife.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Would like to check out the northeast US of A before the ice age, where the elevation of the plateau that later become the NE was supposedly like 25k above sea level. Before all the glaciers cut out the area into rivers and lakes and mountains...

Jay

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Jerusalem, ~33 AD.

--
    H

6. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

1) I'd definitely do what Holadem suggested and stick around for a while, videotaping it all.

2) I don't recall the time period, but I would like to be able to observe when there was presumably a supervolcano that literally wiped out the majority of humanity leading to the 'common mother' genetic characteristics of humans today.

3) I'd like to cheat and be able to go to South America, Mexico, Egypt, and Easter Island and witness the construction of the various pyramids, statues, and those shapes on the ground.

7. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

That's always the first thing that pops into my mind when this kind of question comes up. Immediately followed by, "I couldn't. I just couldn't"

Dallas, November 1963. Several trips. Get the whole thing on film from different angles and locations and then stash the footage somewhere I could "find" it and finally put that tired question to bed.

Memphis Tennessee April 1968 Lorraine Motel

Los Angeles California June 1968 Ambassador Hotel

Might as well go for the trifecta

Appamatox Courthouse, Viriginia, April 1865

Near Earth orbit circa 65 million years ago (hey, if I have a time machine, I can have a spaceship) - I wanna see the damned dinosaur killer hit and find out exactly what it was.

Ditto June 1908, over Tunguska Russia, April 1906 over San Francisco, May 1883 over the island of Krakatoa.

Regards,

Joe

8. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Three Rivers Stadium, December 23, 1972
    Sea of Tranquility, July 20, 1969
    Tunisia, Spring/Summer 1976

Oh, and Scarlett Johansson's shower anytime in the past couple years. [​IMG]

9. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Two different time periods only three years apart.

First, back to the summer of 1967 for Montreal's Expo 67, probably the happiest summer the city has ever experienced -- that is until Charles De Gaulle yelled out his famous "Vive le Québec Libre!" from the balcony at City Hall.

Fast-forward to October of 1970 when members from the FLQ terrorist group first kidnap British attaché James Richard Cross, then Quebec cabinet minister Pierre Laporte. Laporte was found dead in the trunk of a car seven days later, one day after prime minister invoked the War Measures Act. The month was known as The October Crisis

If I was born ten years earlier, I would have spent my teenage years during that time. It probably would have shapen my life a whole lot better than how I turned out now, living through the Disco Seventies and Yuck-Pop Eighties! Bleah!

10. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

-13,700,000,000 BC [​IMG]

11. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Hmmm... I've gotta revise my list. [​IMG] And we'll have to compare notes so we don't show up on the same day and time. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

12. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

[​IMG] Now that's a scary vision.

13. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

He asked where in TIME you would go. It dosnt matter the time, as crazy as Tom Cruise is, if she turned him down, you, I or anyone for that matter who hangs out at the home theater forums after hours lounge will ever see the inside of Scarlett Johanssons shower. Not without heavy artillary and a death wish.

14. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

If you gotta go, what better way?

15. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams

Man...I would have killed to live in 70's era NYC...with Studio 54 around. But yeah...you got screwed when the 80's rolled into town.

16. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

I would like to go back to the time of my last car accident, because I still can't figure out what the hell happened. It still bugs me.

17. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Later this summer, to see what problems I encounter with the completion of my project. I can then correct for them now.

(color me mundane, but I've got my career to worry about [​IMG] )

18. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

The near future and then back, to win large amounts of cash. I'll let you other guys tell me what went on in the past. [​IMG]

19. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

January 10, 1947 - Los Angeles, CA. Just before the disappearance of Elizabeth Short (aka: The Black Dahlia) who was found on a vacant lot severed in half and completely drained of blood and mutilated. Killer still unknown. Would either prevent her death or capture the killer(s) on videotape.

- Colton

20. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I don't see how anyone could pass this one up since it would answer some of the most fundemntal questions that plagues man today.