What's new

Where have I been? Has Ati k.o'd nvidia cards? (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I'd look for updated drivers for my geforce cards, and was suprised that visiontek doesn't use nvidia anymore. I haven't paid attention much so I was curious if nvidia lost it's heavyweight belt?

John

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
They're getting hit pretty hard right now. But they could come back in the final rounds.

The 9700 from ATI is, for the most part, a faster card than the new Geforce FX cards which aren't even out yet, plus the top of the line FX card is a huge monster with a crazy cooling system on it that takes two slot spaces, and it really loud when it kicks into high gear.

ATI also has they're next cards coming out fairly soon, so that could really hurt Nvidia if they prove to be a significant step up.

The battle is heating up, I just hope that there isn't a loser though. Then we'd only be left with one choice.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Toms hardware has some benchmarks and more on the new ATI cards in comparison to the Geforce FX.

ATI and FX benchmarks

As a long time Nvidia user(ATI's driver issues always geared my purchases towards Nvidia's line) I went ahead and purchased an ATI 9700 pro recently as the Geforce FX and its cooling system above all really turned me off. I must say I've been nothing but happy with the results. ATI has made some great strides with thier Catalyst drivers. The only thing they really need to do is clean up the mess they call thier control panels and everything will be peachy:D.

Besides that little gripe I love this ATI card. A wonderful product! I'm also looking forward to seeing Nvidia's next offering past the FX. In the end I really have no brand loyalty in the graphics cards department. I buy what I feel is the best product. ATI at this point has that IMO. No telling what the future holds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks