1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where else to buy a SPL meter besides Radio Shack?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kami, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Radio Shack wants $90 for a digital SPL meter (i'm Canadian) and I cannot justify this. What types of stores carry this thing? Could I find this at a large store like home depot or what? I don't even need digital...as long as it's easy to read and is accurate. BTW, my local radio shacks don't even carry it! I would have to order online but would much rather purchase at a store.
    thanks
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    -Adam
    (a.k.a. kami)
    My budding DVD collection

Download a new Jurassic Park DVD cover
    [Edited last by Kami on July 29, 2001 at 08:18 AM]

2. John Cavacas

John Cavacas Agent

You're not going to be able to find anything cheaper. The reason why it's $90 now at Radio Shack, is because they discontinued the analog version of the meter. So unless you want to call all the Shacks around here in the hopes to find an analog one, the one they have now is your only choice.
    I hear there are other meters availalble usualy reserved for professionals, and these will cost much much more then $90.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

My local "Sears Hardware" has SPL meters in their electrcal supplies isle for about $35. Try your local hardware or tool store.
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker

4. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

I got a Radio Shack SPL meter on ebay for about $15.Great bargain.Definately try there.

5. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Kami,
    For a better price, you probably will have to wait for a sale at RS. $90 is too pricey. I thought that they were around in the $60 range, regular price.
    Dave