Where Eagles Dare!!! WHEN??? MGM!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MarcinL, Oct 9, 2002.

1. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

When are they going to release WHERE EAGLES DARE, one of the best war movies of all time!!! I love this movie, and I need it, any possible info on this, and Of course Widescreen, I had it on LaserDisc some years back, bough it back in 95 for 70$, but I no longer have it, What Gives!!!!! WHere is IT!!

2. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

actually, i remember about a year ago DVDfile requested viewers to suggest some titles to ask about to studios at some video convention. I requested this title and they reported Warner had this on the way for (i think) 2003. I too would love a WS version of this film, as well as Lee Marvin's Point Blank.

3. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    I saw a behind the scenes film made at the time of filming on Turner Classic Movies the other day. I checked their schedule to see if they are showing Where Eagles Dare any time soon, but it doesn't seem that they are. [​IMG]
    Neil

4. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

5. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

The sound and picture on that disc both left a little something to be desired. It would certainly be fantastic to have that film on DVD.

6. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

I returned the player and LD to the specialty store, that i bought it at, when the DVD came out in April of 97, hey had an offer i could not refuse, They gave me credit for everything, I had a Pioneer LD, along with 10 LD's, nothing special because they were expesive!!!! SO i bought Pioneer DV505 and got Fugitive, Lethal Weapon, Twister, GLimmer Man and GOldeneye!!! It was great, Since than I replaced all these movies for betterversions, ex. FUGITIVE SE. and ETC. I still have the glimmer man.

7. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I have the laser of this film but it's annoying to watch as there is a white line going across on top of the screen whenever there is an edit in the film. I would gladly trade in my laser for a bare bones DVD at the very least.

8. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The DVD needs a subtitle track which displays the body count from Clint.

9. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

10. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Actress Ingrid Pitt who played "Heidi", sells through her website, Pitt of Horror, a VHS called The Pitt Tape which features her screen test and other rarely seen gems from the motion picture.

11. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta
    Sadly my Laser Disc of this film just stopped working for no obvious reason. Damn I want that DVD right now. OOPs did not realize I was thinking aloud, did not mean to be swearing in public. [​IMG]
    Sanjay

12. Gunnar Syren

Gunnar Syren Stunt Coordinator

13. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    If I remember correctly, the LD was converted from a PAL transfer. I seem to recall a lot of aliasing from the PAL downconversion. It's possible that I could be getting this mixed up another Eastwood title.

Jeff