What's new

Where does this system rate? Low or Mid fi? pics.. (1 Viewer)

Jon_R

Stunt Coordinator
I just made this pic and I thought I'd see what you guys thought. Its my current setup and I think it sounds great. The main music/dvd source is a Samsung DVD-M301 player that I have never had any problems with. There was an issue with the DTS track of Moulin Rouge, but it seems that was fairly common. Everything is hooked up via monster cable that a friend gave to me. :) Optical from DVD to receiver. My TV is crap, its the next thing to buy.
Anyway, I bother everyone to ask. Is this system mid-fi or Low-fi?
here is the pic.
Let me know,
Jon

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
hi jon i have a trick with your polk cs-400i center speaker instead of laying it horizontal try standing it up vertical, you will find that the sound will be a lot cleaner, thank about it all you speakers are set vertical try to lay one of your main speakers horizontal and see how bad they sound see what i mean,i have the same center seaker cs-400i put your left 6" driver up, your right down, i would like to get all 6 cs-400i for my system, right now i have cs-400i for center, rt-7 on top of 2 psw-650 for mains, surrounds rt-20p, rear center cs-350i, all polk, the effects are 2 take 5 energys, got a 15" attive sub with yamaha gold rx-v1 receiver. thank you, joe

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
hi again jon i notest that you have put cs-245i on your picture, the picture shows a cs-400i i guess i made a misstake which one do you have

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
your system is border mid-fi but you set it up right it will sound real good thats what counts, thank you, joe

JohanK

Second Unit
I'd consider it upper low-fi. Mid-fi, to me, is stuff like Rotel, mid level B&W, etc.

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,
Doesn't amtter where it falls. As long as YOU like it thats all that counts.
Seems like a solid system and I bet it gives great sound. It'll do till the upgrade bug bites !
Enjoy:D

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
My opinion on the whole Low-Fi,Mid-Fi,Hi-Fi classification
has absolutely nothing to do with dollars spent.
Audiophiles who contribute quality with dollars are sadly
mistaken and IMHO they can check thier elitist snob attitude
at the door. There are many giant killers out there
folks, and these giant killers do not always have a giant
price tag associated with them.
I beleive that a carefully chosen and correctly set up system
can yeild better results than just looking in your (insert
expensive store name here) and just buying what ever cost
the most.
I am not rating anyone's system. If you love the way it sounds
then it is HI FI to you. End of story!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks