What's new

Where does everyone purchase DVD's (1 Viewer)

Kevin Brennan

Auditioning
Hello all, I'm just wondering where you all buy your dvd's. I usually use Columbia House or Best Buy. Sometimes Target/Walmart/Kmart will have some good deals. Are there any online retailers that have good deals. Just looking to save some money. Thanks.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Best Buy
Fry's
Borders
Target
flea markets
pawn shops
small local CD stores & video rental places
online retailers

Unless I have to have it on release date, I usually wait until it shows up cheap at the flea market.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy for major releases and Amazon for stuff I think might be harder to find. So I dont have to go from store to store looking for it.

Ive been going to Cicuit City more and more. They usually have stuff Best Buy hasnt gotten yet and are cheaper.Smaller titles like Dick Tracy and Carlitos Way are examples. They werent on Best Buys shelves until weeks after release date.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I've purchased most of my dvds from dvdsoon.com. I sometimes also use deepdiscountdvd, dvdplanet, amazon.ca, or futureshop.ca.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hi Tom, so you have had good luck with dvdsoon.ca?

I have a few DVDs in mind to order but have not dealt with them before.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
I usually don't order anything online but when I heard that Thunderdvd.com out of Canada was selling a R1 vers of The Pianist that incl a 2nd disc w/a doc & some other stuff, I pounced on it. Shipping took a while tho, the Canadian postal svc is notoriously slow & it had to go thru customs. Turned out the price with shipping & so forth was the same as the retail price at Med Play & Best Buy here in the States.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Best Buy, The Wherehouse(for used DVDs), and Circuit City(rarely). I never really buy DVDs online because I like the immediacy of getting it right then and there in the store as opposed to waiting. Although there are titles like the Lone Wolf & Cub series that recently came out on DVD and are only available online, I've still resisted purchasing them in favor of hopefully getting them at a store. I can wait.

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
deepdiscountdvd.com
hkflix.com

Newbury Comics in Mass for hard to find stuff. Best "obscure" selection near me for a decent cost. Sometimes I'll check out Borders, but they can get pricey. Best Buy's across the street from Noobs, but, although they have a wide selection, it's usually worthless blockbuster stuff, which I have enough of already! Sometimes, I'll venture into Boston to Virgin if I have a collection of money built up.

Walmart is next to Bestbuy, but I refuse to patronize their establishment for their lacking support of OAR.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Seems to be Best Buy, Circuit City, or Costco most of the time. Fry's is too much of a hassle to be a factor right now, because they're still in grand opening mode.

For more obscure releases, it might be Suncoast, Tower Video, Borders, or an online vendor.

For Asian R2 or R3 stuff, its usually Yesasia.com or CDJapan.com.

Galen_V

Second Unit
Costco because it is the closest, and then usually Best Buy. I also look at Overstock.com occasionally to see what their prices are like, and also Deep Discount DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks