Where Do You Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I've never done the internet pre-order thing, but I was considering giving it a whirl for some of the upcoming big releases, so I was wondering where you all pre-order from and how the service is in regards to getting the disc to you on or before the release date.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I usually pre-order from DVDPlanet or Amazon. The former has good prices on Criterion titles, and that's pretty much what I buy from them. I'm a long-time Amazon customer and while they may be a bit pricier than other online merchants, they do have excellent customer service and their ordering system is by far the best if you need to change something. They do have good pre-order prices, though you can get some of the more popular titles at your local b&m store for the same price. I mainly use Amazon for non-Criterion titles that my local b&ms don't carry. I've also tried DVDEmpire and DeepDiscountDVD and both are okay.

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

What Steve said

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I used to pre-order a lot of titles from Amazon, but recently I've been buying most of the titles I want at B&M shops. It puts the product in my hand the day off release (though I did get a few Amazon orders the day of release) and the prices are pretty competetive.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

DVD Empire gives me great prices, and I get my pre-orders a day before street date usually.

6. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

I have pre ordered 3 movies from Deep Discount DVD. All 3 arrived about a week after realease date[​IMG]. I havent pre-ordered again.

7. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

Deep Discount DVD and DVD Planet. I have been very happy with both. Deep Discount gives free shipping, but it takes a little longer to reach me. Their prices are pretty hard to beat though!

8. Dan Smith

Dan Smith Agent