What's new

Where do you like to sit at the movies? (1 Viewer)

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
RIght in front of the flatulent mother with three screaming kids with big feet and runny noses.

bob:angry:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Me too, John! Although, I haven't been there in awhile, so the Directors Halls and IMAX will be new to me. What exactly are the Directors Halls?

Kami

Screenwriter
I walk up the stairs until the screen is perfectly level and I'm not looking on an angle in any way, so I guess you could say exact center.

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator

Directors Hall = ASSIGNED SEATING + Leather Seats + Better Sound Systems The catch is... $ 2.00 more !!!

I tried it once and was NOT worth the extra $ 2.00 for the assigned seats. This because we go to movies Fridays at 4:00 - 5:00 pm and the theater is usually not crowded. Saturday and Sundays are full of families who bring their "rug rats" and infants that cry throughout the movie ! Why parents take infants to movies is beyond all sanity !!!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Interesting - I find the back row bad visually and especially audiowise. Always feels like I am in the next room.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator

I thought the same thing too for 38 years until my first child was born this year.

If my wife and I want to see a new movie together, it's our only option. An infant is too young to leave with a babysitter... and we don't have any relatives nearby or close friends that we trust with our baby.

Having said that, I usually go to the movies alone (once or twice a week). I know how most people feel so I don't want to inflict baby on them, but.... I understand both sides of the issue now.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I guess it depends on the theater.

In very large rooms I would probably agree but the 2 theaters I go doesnt really have the larger rooms and I find the back of those places to be the best spot for visual and audio sounds fine.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I sit so that my eyeline hits the exact horizontal and vertical center of the screen. If that spot is not available, I will move back rather than forward.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
My biggest pet peeve about seating is this:

I show up early enough to get the seat I want (aisle seat about 4 rows up). If it's an opening night movie and people are still loading in and the manager of the theater says to squeeze together to make room for those coming in late, I roll my eyes and stay put. I am not moving. This may seem stupid to some, but but first of all, I hate sitting in the middle of rows which is why I get there early to get a good aisle seat. Second, it's not my fault if people are showing up at the last minute with groups of 5 and can't get seats together.

el fin

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Before I stopped going to movie theaters altogether, I usually sat about 2/3 from the screen, center aisle. Because I only have one good eye (the other eye has no central vision), my field of vision is narrower, forcing me to sit further back in order to see the whole screen.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
In "stadium seating" I like to be where about half the screen is above my eyes and half below. If I have to go one way or another I sit a little higher (farther back).

In the old-fashioned seating I usually get slightly closer than half-way back. If I have to choose either closer or farther back I get a little closer.

The exception is a multiplex with a really small screen in which case I sit pretty close to make the picture big enough.

If I can sit on an aisle without being too far to one side or another I'll do it. Otherwise, if I can't be on an aisle I just go to the center.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
1/2 way up, or back, end isle seat, hate getting boxed in too. Those bathroom runs become more frequent when you drink 2 gallons of soda.:D BTW-Why is it the true movie goers show up 15-30 mins early and the rest of the world shows up when the movie starts? Why do people procrastinate, COME EARLY!:angry: Why do they feel its ok to spoil our show? I don't want to see them walking in late, just the movie or trailers.....

Colton

Supporting Actor
My wife and I love sitting in those special handicap areas. It's like two chairs together then a space for a wheelchair and another two chairs, etc. It's the sweet spot.

- Colton

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
1/3 of the way back dead center, and wherever there is:

NO TALKING
NO FOOD NOISE
NO BABIES
NO LATE-COMERS

and of course

PEOPLE WHO LAUGH ONLY IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES

David Galindo

Screenwriter

I love those spots too. Heck, I even love those handicapped stalls in the bathroom. And those handicapped parking spaces are awesome :emoji_thumbsup:

lol, just kidding :D I really need to try those seats out sometime.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I like to sit in the middle of a theatre and usually close to the isle as not to disturn anyone if I got to the bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks