What's new

Where do you guys/gals get your DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I use to primarily buy from MediaPlay because I am Replay member. I use those coupons with every purchase. Now that I frequent Lambert's thread over in the coupon area, I have found that Best Buy whoops major butt even with the Replay coupon on top of MediaPlay's release week sales.

I have never bought DVDs online. I cannot bear to wait for the title to get to me. So I rush out and buy locally and let them sit around for 3-4 weeks until I can get to 'em.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
A few years back, I bought most of my dvd's from buy.com because of their awesome low prices. Now I only buy from BestBuy and costco.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Well, I buy many of my DVD discs from Best Buy, Circuit City & Amazon.com. I have purchased several DVD discs from Wal-Mart & Ebay.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
As I live in a region 2 country and refuse to buy region2 DVDs (due to several reasons, PAL-speedup being the major one), I'm pretty much stuck with online retailers, canadian ones usually being the cheapest (www.dvdboxoffice.com). But with that recent madness of bilingual covers (ugh), I have started to order 'important' DVDs from Amazon.com (LOTR: EE version).

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
I buy about 90% of my DVD's at Wal*Mart. I work there so it is convenient, and as we are open 24 hours, Monday at midnight I am there to pick up the new releases.
My buddy Scott works in the electronics dept. and he is good about knowing the prices of competitors, so he usually lowers the prices of new releases for the first week.
Examples:
Blade 2 = $15.28
Pulp Fiction = $14.44
Jackie Brown = $14.44
FOTR = $14.28 WOW!!!!
Other than that I usually head up to Best Buy for things I can't find at work. Plus I can drool over all the TV's I will never be able to afford.:D

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I used to buy all of them at Tower, until I got canned. Now I'm back to pre-ordering from Amazon. Older titles I'll usually buy from a private seller(not used, unless it's OOP)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks