What's new

Where do you get your DVDs from? (1 Viewer)

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
A great thread!

For UK buyers I can vouch for

Play.com
Cd Wow
DVD Pacific
Caiman usa (via amazon UK marketplace)
DVD.co.uk
Choices direct

Dependent on who is the cheaper and this tool helps you find out that, whatever country your in!

Link Removed

M

Christina-K

Agent
Has anyone ever bought from moviemars.com? They appear to have a lot of bargains.

I've bought from Caiman usa before and rate them highly. However, I've noticed lately, their prices have crept up a notch or two since last using them.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I mainly use two for my region 1's: Play.com and DVDPacific, very happy with both.

CDWOW's very good too, fast and cheap, but have a very limited range, you won't find 'The Fly' special edition on sale there, or the R1 'The Innocents'. I ordered both from Play.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I have used Laser's Edge for nearly 8 years including 5 years of the 8 when I lived in Japan. Prices are fair, service is flawless and they deal in indy and hard to find titles. Web site is extensive and like their superb service....it is tops.
The guys at Laser's Edge know films.

Manus

Second Unit
Ive been using dvdempire.com but just got stung for duties and 'other charges (?) the 3rd time out of 3 using Ups Ireland so I'll be relying on cduniverse, cdwow and playusa.coms from here on in for R1 and play,cdwow and blahdvd for R2.

M

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I mostly use Axelmusic.com for my R1, R3, R4 and R2JAP orders. Prices are not that expensive, shipping costs are inluded in the price and you don´t have to worry about customs if you live inside the EU. They are also very serviceminded. They can import practically any title you wish. I no longer use sites like Koreandvds.com or CDJAPAN.co.jp anymore. For R2UK I usually use Play.com or Choicesdirect.com.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
I used to use DVDPlanet.com but had a number of problems. All of which I must admit they eventually resolved but I had to go through multiple emails and grief before they did which annoyed me.

Now I tend to use

playusa.com
dvdboxoffice.com
lasersedge.com

Both playusa and dvdboxoffice have "shipping inclusive" prices. However dvdboxoffice are in Canada and playusa source from there so there will be the French/English sleeves.

The great thing about play is although I've ordered loads from them and as a result had the occasional damaged disk (or in the recent Stargate Atlantis / Adventures of Superman issues incorrectky duplicated disks). But I've never had any grief from them, one email from me to them to let them know about the problem and its sorted with a replacement en route.

Lasersedge have also had exemplary service. For those ordering larger quantities (occasionally I'll put in an order for $200-$300) there is one point to bear in mind. They can be sloppy filling in the customs form. Every time I've ordered large quantities the customs form has ended up with a description of the value as just being $30-$40. Saves quite a bit on customs. I assume its just a mistake on their part!!!

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
Out of Internet stores, I usually use these:
- CD WOW!
- DVD Pacific (one order so far, hopefully will receive the package this week)
- Play.com

DVD Soon was once great, but now... :thumbsdown:

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Great to see this thread is still going :emoji_thumbsup:

I am thinking of giving DVDpacific a pop, see how they turn out to be.

Anyone had any success with DVDpacific?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks