What's new

Where do you get the best deals on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have sold the majority of my VHS tapes and now I want to replace them or buy new DVDs. I will be spending about $150 on DVD movies. I have checked prices right now and I have found that the pre-ordered DVDs seem to be cheaper @ DVDplanet.com
BUT I found that if the DVDs are already out on the market that buy.com is cheaper.
I plan on using the free shipping coupon @ the buy.com site and I think that that will save me lots of money in shipping for 7 DVDs.
(The rest of the DVDs I would like to buy are pre-order DVDs and will wait for family to buy them for me for the Birthday and Christmas season.)
Well, so where do you shop for your DVDs?
Do you think you can beat the places I mentioned?
The DVDs I plan on buying are:
Princess Bride Special Edition
Total Recall Special Edition
The Goonies Special Edition
Forrest Gump 2-disc set
Big Trouble in Little China Special Edition
Last of the Mohicans DTS
The Mummy Returns
Thanks for the information and help!
------------------
In Him,
GH
My Home
Theater

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The Mummy Returns is a pre-order right now, so pretty much anywhere is offering 40% off. As for the others, look around for deals, sales, etc. You probably won't get the best price from one site on all the titles, more likely, it'll be scattered around. But, factor in shipping costs and it'll probably be better to order through one site and pay one shipping charge.
Oh, and I usually do all my business through http://www.dvdempire.com
Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love
[Edited last by Bruce Hedtke on September 18, 2001 at 07:49 PM]

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Fry's Electronics
- only on the west coast
Sam's Club
- the cheapest place to get DVD's of mass production
Best Buy
- most well-rounded for price and selection
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
My DVD Collection

Eric Scott

Second Unit
You can get great prices right here at HTF (Software for Sale.) But the lowest new average prices I have found are at deepdiscountdvd.com (I have gotten about a dozen from them.)
Now, I only buy DVDs that I know I will watch over and over, I rent the rest.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I always use DVDPriceSearch, and agree that the vast majority of the time, Deepdiscountdvd.com comes in at the lowest overall price (they have free shipping!).
However, this last Tuesday, I picked up the 2 DVD set of Scorsese's Cape Fear at Circuit City for $16.99! After paying tax, it was about 40 cents less than DeepDiscountDVD, but I had the instant satisfaction of having the DVD's in hand on its release date! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks