What's new

Where do you get that "sock" you use to cover sonosubs? (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
i've seen multiple people mention they found this "sock" made of stretchy material that slides over a sonosub quite well. none of these people mentioned where they got it..

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Any fabric store will have what you need. Just look for a roll of strechy material that is a tube in the color you want. I used a thick T-shirt material and doubled it up.

Dean

Travis G

Stunt Coordinator
My honey made one for me on her sewing machine. She say's to just measure cut and sew. Don't forget your seam allowance.

If you don't have a honey with a sewing machine of your own. Or your affraid of a sewing machine (like me) you can look up in the yellow pages clothing alterations or tailors.

Travis

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
Dean,

Do you mean that you can buy material that is already a tube? I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding your post or not.

If the matierial is sold in a tube, do you know what dimensions it would come in?

Thanks.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have found various types. Some are course like those white sports socks with the ribs running the length of the sock, and some are more fine almost like a thick pantyhose. I like the more fine variety. It is more like the material used on speaker grill covers. I got mine at a fabric store called BouClaire. I am not sure if Fabricland has the exact same thing (they have the more course stuff).

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
Black sock like material called ribbing should be available at any fabric store. No sewing required. Cut and pull. Allow a foot or two extra depending on sonotube heighth. Length shrinks when stretched tight over the tube.

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
Great, I just finished assembling my sub.

I was going to wait to put a finish on it but if it is that easy maybe I'll start sooner.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks