What's new

Where Do You Buy Your Projector Lamps (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I have a Panasonic PTAE8000U which is still remarkably capable in the 1080P world. After a couple of years of blissful viewing, alas, I need a new lamp. The current lamp is performing just fine but drawing a little too close [for my comfort] to its stated lifespan.

I ordered a replacement from a source that will go unnamed at this point. They were very friendly but the lamp they shipped showed obvious wear on the housing, even though they claimed to sell only brand new OEM lamps. To add to my disappointment, this lamp also did not fit my projector. Very close, but no... When I called them they never even disputed whether or not the lamp was new or should fit, which I found troubling.

To their credit, they have been very responsive throughout. They offered another lamp and I initially agreed, but this went on for over a week and no tracking number was provided. When I called to inquire they said they were having trouble with their Hong Kong supplier. Hong Kong??? I asked for a refund which they appear to be processing at this point.

I want a true OEM lamp and am willing to pay for it. Any suggestions?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have always bought my replacement lamps directly from the projector manufacturer. I have an Epson projector so I buy from their site.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I have always bought my replacement lamps directly from the projector manufacturer. I have an Epson projector so I buy from their site.
I haven't been able to find a way to do this with my projector since [I believe] Panasonic has abandoned the Home Theater projector market.

I've been dealing with Projector People for a number of years and would not hesitate to recommend them.
- Walter.

This should have been my first resort as I actually bought my projector from them. Sometimes I over (or maybe under) think things. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks