What's new

where do you buy your dvd-a & SACD music? (1 Viewer)

dany592

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
New to these formats and finding it difficult to find any titles locally. Where are the best places to find these formats online?
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
These three are dedicated to audiophiles. Great selection but expect to pay full price:

Acoustic Sounds
Elusive Disc
Music Direct

Many of the on-line retailers still have decent stock, these are the ones I typically buy from:

CD Universe
CD Connection
CD Pacific

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I buy from Amazon.com and .ca, occasionally .fr or .co.uk (US, Canada, France and Britain). I've also purchased from JPC in Germany.

I occasionally find some classical selections locally in stores, but about 85% of my overall (200 titles combined SACD/DVD-A) have been online purchases.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
When I started purchasing SACD and DVD-A, I picked up about 60 titles from yourmusic.com. Now there are not many left from that service but there are a few at $6.99. I have picked up about 50 titles used online, eBay, Amazon marketplace, and the various forums including this one are some examples of sites I recall using. Local used CD stores if you have any are worth checking out. Entertainmart often has a few as does CD Warehouse, FYE and others.

Chris

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The Fry's in my area is letting the DVD-A/SACD section die. It was my favorite place to buy. Now it's pretty much all on-line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks