Where do you buy your CD-R/CD-RW media?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I tend to have luck with Imation (but can't seem to find any good deals around) but am open to other brands if anyone can recommed something they have had luck with. Thanks in advance...

2. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

People generally go by the factory from which the CD-Rs were made...Taiyo Yuden being one of best ones, although lately a few high end CD-Rs are coming from a new factory...there's a sale at Best Buy right now for a 50pk of TYs (don't know which company's branding) for $2.99 after rebate, and they're rated at 48X.
    Good luck! I know I won't be needing any new media for a while, as my bottom drawer has.....5 spindles? [​IMG]

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I'm very brand-loyal to Taiyo Yuden-made CD-Rs myself, and buy them with the Fuji brand label. All the Fujis I've seen have been TY, but always check the label to make sure it reads "Made in Japan."

Best Buy regularly has Fuji-branded TY discs on sale supre-cheap with rebates. I never spend more than $3 for a spindle of 50, or $7 for 100, depending on the deal they have going. They have the deals at least once or twice a month.

To find out what factory made a particular CD-R, do a Google search for a free app called "CDR Identifier."

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Thanks...at those prices it's worth a try!

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Anyway either of you can provide links? Thanks...

6. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...t=516&scat=517
    These are on sale right now, $12.99 for a spindle of 50, then there's a $10 mail-in rebate, for a final price of $2.99.
    The Web site lists them as 16X, but that's not the case. The ones I've been buying are rated at 32X or 40X.
    This rebate may have ended this weekend. If that's the case, just wait a week or two and keep your eyes on the Sunday Best Buy ads. It'll be back.