Where do you buy CDs online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Apr 11, 2002.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I'd like to add to my pathetically small collection of music CD's, but the stores where I live only carry top 40/new country/rap, none of which I'm really interested in.

So, if you order CDs online, where do you order from? (I would have to describe my tastes as eclectic, ranging from classical to jazz to opera to old country to punk. I'm not looking for one site that has everything though.)

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

If I can't find it at my local Best Buy... I usually just order from CDNOW. I only use it for obscure titles I can't find anywhere else. Or, I hit the college campus stores for wierd stuff sometimes too.

A lot of stores can special order CD's for you as well.

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Not always the greatest selection, but if they have what you are looking for it will certainly be the best value. www.alldirect.com

4. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Thanks guys! Those are both great sites. Think I'll order some Mazzy Star and Cowboy Junkies right away.

5. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I've ordered a lot of stuff from half.com. They have an awesome system in place. A week ago, I ordered:

Genesis' Greatest hits.

Genesis' Invisible Touch

Phil Collins' Greatest hits.

Fear Factory's Obsolete

Smashing Pumpkin's Gish

My order total was $32 and some odd cents. That included shipping. Every disc was in like new condition.

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I visit both CDNow and sometimes HMV - the Canadian prices at HMV are misleading, they're cheaper in dollars.

7. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

If you have a gift certificate or coupon, Amazon.com also has great service.
    I've also heard good things about mymusic.com, another Canadian e-tailer. I placed a small order with hmv.ca this past week and it arrived in a few days.
    www.mysimon.com should help you search for prices ... just make sure you end up dealing with a good company.

8. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I second www.half.com ... Very good system, and they usually have good service.