Where do I put my HT theater now that I moved.

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
Bought a house and I have 3 options to put the home theater. The somewhat Ideal place is on the west wall where the fireplace is at. We are planning to get a plasma and putting on the brick wall on top of the fireplace is an option.

The second is the east wall and there is a mirror there. Remove the mirror and putting it there.

And the last place is the game room. Away from the main house. I dont know if the wiring can be placed there. But that is an option. I hope the pics come out and I am looking forward to you guys suggestions.

Real Name
Ryan Papineau
With the spot above the fireplace, do you plan to still use the fireplace? It seems there may be some concerns with using it as it could maybe cause damage from the heat in the chimney?

The game room looks like the biggest area size wise to me. You'd likely want some good thick blinds to help with the light if it was there though.

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
I reconsidering the fireplace option. I am leaning toward the east wall with the mirror ,of course once remove. Or the game room, I agree, thick blinds in there would be the way to go.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
I think the first 2 options are for TV only - I don't see an HT option there

The last option (game room) I think is your only option

The patio doors will have to be covered, but that should be fine

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
You seem to be sure the game room is the only option. I thought the wall with the mirror was the only option. True , I have not figure where to put all the surround speakers and the front three seem to be okay around the TV.

Elaborate on your suggestion, regarding the game room, please.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Hi
Just looked at the pics again - arrgghh - didn't realize that the entire wall was mirrored!

I thought it was a small mirror on the right, where your camera flash is

For sure you could use that room for HT, removing all the mirrors on the wall

Sorry about that

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonydasher