Where do I hook up playstation2 and xbox on Pioneer 1014

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JoeyR, Feb 26, 2005.

1. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Any help would be appreciated, making run to trade cables in and out, I only have one cable hooked up so far and thats from my dvd player to Pioneer[​IMG]

2. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

you can hook any game machine into any pairing of audio inputs and video inputs. If you are using digital with your gaming machine use one of the digital inputs and assign it to correspond with a particular video input

3. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I have a parasound avc 2500a and when I hook up my xbox the video comes in in black and white tried several spots on the back cant figure out why when its hooked directly to the tv its fine, any help would be greatly appreciated

4. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Joey,
    What kind of display are you using? Is it HDTV? If it is HDTV, the best option is to connect your xbox and ps2 using component. You will most likely want to connect your dvd player to component also. Since the pioneer 1014 only has 2 component inputs, one of these must use svideo/composite, and if it was my choice, it'd have to be the ps2. You're going to need to use component for your dvd player and xbox because you'll want to output 480p (progressive) into your tv and most xbox games are 480p and up. PS2 only has a few games that are 480p and up (including most recently GT4). You're only other option right now if you want all 3 inputs to use component is to get an external component switchbox.

This is all in the case if you're using HDTV and you want to play your games and watch movies with the best picture quality with 480p (and up).

5. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    No I have a regular CRT tv, so I hooked up my game systems on the video 1 input and on the tv/sat input.

6. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

would i be better off using an optical cable for my ps2's audio signal and plug my rca video input into the tv? or would i be better off plugging the ps2's video signal into the 1014 as well.. I get it this week so i wanna figure it out before it arrives.

7. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Mike,
    You should probably use optical in order to get better surround sound from games that support it. You could plug your ps2 into either your tv or the 1014. If you plug it into the 1014, you can use the 1014 as a video switch and have only one set of video wires coming into your tv instead of lots.

8. Vinny Petronio

my xbox pluged into my parasound 2500a gives me a black and white picture do I need to run it through another device like my vcr or dvd player to make it work correctly?
    if its pluged into the tv the video is just fine its only when I plug it into the parasound any help here would greatly be appreciated

9. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Vinny,
    Do other devices connected to your receiver give a B&W image? Check your cables. Is there a video setting in your receiver, it may be set to PAL instead of NTSC.

10. Vinny Petronio

no all my other devices are fine its only the xbox but will check the settings thanks for the quick reply