Where do I get a single Paradigm speaker

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John M Miller, Aug 20, 2001.

1. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

With my recent upgrade to the Outlaw 1050, I now have 6.1 sound capability. Understanding that having un-utilized capability is grounds for being run through the Gauntlet of Death here at the HTF, I need to get a single speaker for the rear center to match my Paradigms. Any thoughts on how I can get just ONE Paradigm Atom, Titan, Micro, whatever?
    Center channel speakers are not an option due to the nature of my room/budget.
    ------------------
    Fellini's Le Notti di Cabiria
    [​IMG]

2. Troy_S

Troy_S Agent

Most dealers will sell you one out of the pair (I did that when one of my Atoms had a run in with my sisters dog)

3. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

Really? I called my local dealer, and they said they'd only do pairs.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    John, I wanted one Mini-Monitor and ran into the same problem. I ended up getting a CC-170 that I'm very happy with. Best wishes!
    ------------------
    Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."
    AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Call up your local dealer and ask if they have any refurbs or blemished items. I was at my dealer recently and they had a few singles of various levels sitting around (V1s). Not sure why, but they were likely refurbished by the factory while the originals were replaced for the customer or something similar. Definitely worth a shot. My dealer will only sell new speakers in pairs also.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)