What's new

Where did Crispin Glover go? (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
JasenP I am glad to see another Rubin & Ed fan around here. Definitely a classic in my mind. I just wish they would release it on DVD, my VHS copy is getting tired.

My cat can eat a whole watermelon.

I am king of the echo people.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I'm always glad to see Crispin in a movie. The trailer for Willard looks pretty good also.

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
Wasn't Crispin in a movie were they killed some kid, they were shooting at near some kid in the water, when he was accidently shot at and later died. Anybody recall what that title was? This movie Crispin was in wasn't funny but deadly serious.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Crispin Glover will be in Austin (the Center of the Known Universe) Sunday night for a premiere of Willard.
No, don't fly in, it's already sold out. ;)
Jim

Lanny_B

Second Unit
As much as I enjoy watching him in BTTF, I'm not at all interested in Willard. Everything about that preview turned me off - colors, premise, everything.

Also, as mentioned above, he sounds like a tough person to get along with on set. I thought it was pretty funny how he insisted to everyone on a different ending for his character in BTTF 1.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
"I'M MAKING MY LUNCH!!!" :D
Speaking of River's Edge, I recently saw it for the first time and was very impressed by Glover's performance as a fast-talking speed freak. He was basically the only character who showed any emotion, and he was the second-most screwed-up character in the movie! (First was Dennis Hopper's character, and well...you really can't hold a candle to Hopper when it comes to crazy people. :))
Glover is one of those actors where I don't actively seek out his work, but I'm always glad to see him onscreen; it ensures that the experience will be interesting, to say the least.
Willard looks like a blast. And besides, it'd looks like it would make a neat tie-in to the book Glover wrote on rat-catching (seriously!):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
...He was putting a cockroach right on his anus.
..ahh, the Classics.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
was willard or ben first?

the other was a sequal i think.

in the new willard the song ben is being played.

this has me confused.

was the song ben(by mike jackson) from the movie ben or willard origional.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've also heard he's difficult to work with. The reason he wasn't in the BTTF sequels (I heard at the time) is that he demanded more money than they were offering, thought he had them by the balls, then was shocked when they hired someone else.

Yeah, what happened on the Letterman show, as I recall, was that Glover had Letterman on the carpet in front of his desk, demonstrating martial arts moves, and he suddenly did a high kick at Letterman's face, coming within about four inches of it. Letterman looked annoyed, givng that little sly grin he gives when he's pissed off. He silently went and sat behind his desk, just leaving Glover on the floor. I think he went to commercial at that point. I can't remember if Glover was gone when they came back from commercial, but Glover was never on the show again.

Now, I've never heard about them using footage of Glover from BTTF in the sequels. I'd heard they cast another actor that strongly resembled him, then made him up to look even more like Crispin Glover. Where can I find out more info about this?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought Glover accidentally hit Dave on the side of the face when he was "demonstrating" a Martial arts move.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I thought Glover accidentally hit Dave on the side of the face when he was "demonstrating" a Martial arts move.
I don't think so. If he did, you couldn't tell from watching it. These legends have a tendency to grow, you know.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
He was one of the very few good things I liked in the wretched, god-awful Charlie's Angels.
Really? I always felt that he must have misunderstood the director at some point:
Director: "Ok Glover, I want you character to be terrifying."
Glover: "Be terrified, gottcha!"
:)
--Anders

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I thought Willard was the name of the boy/man who loved the rats and Ben was the name of his favorite rat. Then they made a sequel starring Ben.

Hmmm, Quick check of IMDB . . . Yes, Willard was the main character and his two rats were Ben and Socrates (followed by many more). Ben then went on to star in his own sequel, called 'Ben'.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he never kicked letterman.

he was babbling about something and had dave standing up near him, then out of no-where he threw a hi-leg kick near lettermans noggen.

dave went back to his desk, they went to a commercial.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Man, Willard was one of those movies that really creeped me out when I was a kid. That and Night of the Lepus. Anyone remember that one? I, for one, was glad to see that evil rabbit get stewed in Fatal Attraction. "Kill the wabbit!" Indeed, Elmer, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks