What's new

Where can I send a DVD player for a All Region Mod? (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
I am comming up on getting a Denon 2900 shortly. But right after I buy the 2900 as my main dvd player, I would like to get a Denon 1600 and send it to a shop where I can have it modified for All Regions.

Does anyone know of a reliable place they can suggest?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There is no place I know of in the continental US. There are a few places in England that will do it, but especially since the Denon will not convert PAL to NTSC it's really a waste of your time and money (the mod will EASILY cost $150-200 after shipping to the UK)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Yeah, I did some seaches online and found a few websites where you have to order the 1600 from them. They all have codefree 1600's that also convert PAL. $649 tho? Ouch! Maybe not such a good idea afterall. :)

RichD

Agent
I spied on your profile and noticed you have an XBR that has a DVI connection. This means you have one and only one choice. The Momitsu 880.

It's $299. There's an online store that sells it, but I got it straight from their US office (i.e., one guy). It's the only known DVI player that does PAL conversion and is all-region. Once you've gone DVI, there's no going back! :D

It's a cheapo player, but DVI will blow away any $1000 player and rivals HTPCs.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Call the Dearborn Michigan office of JVB Digital. They might be able to help you. I bought my JVC multi-regional player from them. Very nice people.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Rich, With the Momitsu, are there different modes for the progressive? FILM, VIDEO, SMART, etc.... I currently own a JVC modified p. scan player and it has some flagging issues with the R1 Buffy sets.

Thanx! D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I spied on your profile and noticed you have an XBR that has a DVI connection. This means you have one and only one choice. The Momitsu 880.

It's $299. There's an online store that sells it, but I got it straight from their US office (i.e., one guy). It's the only known DVI player that does PAL conversion and is all-region. Once you've gone DVI, there's no going back!
Do you have one of these -- I notice it has an SCART output which my TV uses. Is it region/RCE free? Will it pass PAL unaltered? Is the SCART RGB?

Thanks for any info,
Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks