Where can I send a DVD player for a All Region Mod?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_Reiter, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

I am comming up on getting a Denon 2900 shortly. But right after I buy the 2900 as my main dvd player, I would like to get a Denon 1600 and send it to a shop where I can have it modified for All Regions.

Does anyone know of a reliable place they can suggest?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

There is no place I know of in the continental US. There are a few places in England that will do it, but especially since the Denon will not convert PAL to NTSC it's really a waste of your time and money (the mod will EASILY cost $150-200 after shipping to the UK)

3. Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter Second Unit

Yeah, I did some seaches online and found a few websites where you have to order the 1600 from them. They all have codefree 1600's that also convert PAL. $649 tho? Ouch! Maybe not such a good idea afterall. [​IMG]

4. RichD

RichD Agent

I spied on your profile and noticed you have an XBR that has a DVI connection. This means you have one and only one choice. The Momitsu 880.

It's $299. There's an online store that sells it, but I got it straight from their US office (i.e., one guy). It's the only known DVI player that does PAL conversion and is all-region. Once you've gone DVI, there's no going back! [​IMG]

It's a cheapo player, but DVI will blow away any $1000 player and rivals HTPCs.

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Call the Dearborn Michigan office of JVB Digital. They might be able to help you. I bought my JVC multi-regional player from them. Very nice people.

6. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey Rich, With the Momitsu, are there different modes for the progressive? FILM, VIDEO, SMART, etc.... I currently own a JVC modified p. scan player and it has some flagging issues with the R1 Buffy sets.

Thanx! D

7. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer