Where can I learn about Front projectors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron H, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Hi all,

I'm really just a novice when it comes to home theater. I have been looking at the Sony 16x9 TV's for a while, and will probably get a chance to pick up a nice rear-projection set later this year.

Anyway, my father in law is looking to put together a nice home theater now too. I think he has everything taken care of except the display device. He asked the other nite about what I knew of front projectors compared to the rear-projection TV's. And of course, I know nothing about these systems.

Anyone have any nice links for newbies to learn the pro's and con's about front-projection systems? He has a fairly big and open room and doesn't mind spending the money on nice equipment, but also, I don't think he wants something outrageously expensive either. I think he was considering the bigger Sony XBR widescreen, so I'd imagine that $4000-$6000 might be in the budget, give or take a few bucks.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

2. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Aaron, the best place to learn about projectors is the projector forum at AVScience. Technical details and where to buy info galore. Be sure to read both the CRT and DLP forums.

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

RobertR's suggestion is probably the best place to learn about them. There's a ton of useful information there. I've spent quite a bit of time there and wish I did so before I started setting up my home theater room. If you have any specific questions you want a quick answer to, feel free to email me. Learn from my mistakes. [​IMG] email me