What's new

Where can I get X-10 stuff? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Can I get X-10 stuff at Home Depot, Lowes, Officemax, Radio Shack or some other store?
Or do I have to buy it online?
If I can get it at a Hardware store, how much does the price differ from the website???
Thanks!
Nathan

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
You can get some X-10 stuff from Radio Shack, but it would be cheaper to order it online from places like www.x10.com or www.smarthome.com. Most hardware stores don't carry it because there's not a big enough market for the stuff to make it worth their while.
Rick
------------------

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Radio Shack has a few X-10 items, such as plug-in light dimmers and appliance modules. Unfortunately their prices on these items are rather high.
Your other alternative is to order the items online. Smarthome is supposed to be good, and I've recently placed my first order with them. As a comparison between them and Radio Shack, a light dimmer module from Smarthome come me less than $3, at Radio Shack it would cost $13.
[Edited last by Scott Kriefall on September 08, 2001 at 09:25 AM]

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Here's one of the best sources:
Link Removed
He sells only better things that he has tested. His service is excellent. I have purchased a couple of things from him with very, very prompt service. His prices seem to be generally lower than Smarthome.
Be aware that there are different grades of X-10 equipment. I prefer the "Pro" stuff, which is more costly, but which performs much better.
I have no connection with him whatsoever, I just discovered the site through a posting at Remote Central.com.
Deane

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have used x10.com and smarthome.com with good results. Smarthome stocks some of the higher-end products, and goodies like whole-house surge supressors, X10 bridges, and more.
And if you have Fry's in your area, they carry X10.
- Steve
------------------
gotremo.jpg

Got Remo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks