What's new

Where can I get Irréversible on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
All those ebay ones are bootlegs. ANyone know when this is coming for real to R1?

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
Given that the film is still in theaters, I'd say 5-7 months from now is a pretty safe bet. Look for it in the September-October time frame, maybe sooner.

-bf-

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I take it you need english subs, otherwise I can only recommend the french SE or the dutch barebones (with DTS)

The UK disc is uncut and also Region 0.

The disc is to feature:

'Making Of' documentary
Alternative scenes
Film notes
Star and director filmographies
'Special Effects' featurette
World Cinema trailer reel
Original trailer
Interactive menu
Scene access

Due 26 of this month in the UK.

We have a great release in France already but there's no English subtitles (in fact there's not even subtitles for the French).

If you appreciated the great Seul contre tous (French disc USA disc) you might like Irreversible too! :)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Nicholas, do you have a website that confirms that the UK edition will be R0?

Per amazon.co.uk , the UK edition is R2 and PAL (although Amazon is not the most reliable source for prerelease info).

Jussi,

Where have you been able to find info (and additional, if possible) on the R1 release?

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
As I understand it, the R2 release will be R0, and also it's sound will be in Dolby Digital 2.0. (I could have sworn the theatrical release format was multichannel. I saw a Dolby Digital trailer before the film started.)

from the play.com pages.

* 'Making Of' documentary
* Alternative scenes
* Film notes
* Star and director filmographies
* 'Special Effects' featurette
* World Cinema trailer reel
* Original trailer
* Interactive menu
* Scene access
* Region 0

and

Screen Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
Languages French - Dolby Digital (2.0) Stereo

I'll wait and see. Tartan UK haven't published a good disc on their own.. ever. (Their second release of In the Mood for Love was a duplicate of the R2 French disc in content and features)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
the tartan UKR2 will be R0 as every other Tartan release in the UK.
Dont' ask why they put their DVDs as R0 but they do.

The film itself surely is multichannel as the french and dutch DVDs are all 5.1.
but Tartan have only once given us 5.1 and that was with Battle Royale.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Tartan's website says all their DVDs are Region 0 and PAL. Unclear on the PAL option, will that play on standard Region 1 DVD players or not?

Sorry for the dumb question :)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
the tartan UKR2 will be R0 as every other Tartan release in the UK.
Dont' ask why they put their DVDs as R0 but they do.
This is incorrect. There are at least a few Tartan discs that are mislabeled R0 but are actually R2. The only one I know of for sure is The Idiots (the only one I own) but there are others.

You'll need a DVD player that can convert the PAL signal to NTSC or a PAL DVD player and a PAL TV. I'm sure your PC would play any disc.

You'll find lots of info on video standards if you search in the Regional Forum (what a terrible name!) :)

All my Tartan discs (more than 10) are Region 0.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Unclear on the PAL option, will that play on standard Region 1 DVD players or not?
No. It's one of those curiosities of DVD that most European R2 players and TVs will play R1 but not vice versa. However, US set-ups that do the same do exist, but they are few and far between.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I was under the impression that most DVD players (even in the U.S.) could do PAL-to-NTSC -- doing it correctly was the problem. Is there a master list somewhere of players that can and can't do it?

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
well i'll have to wait for a r1 release.. but i'm curious now as to what the added scenes might be?
if the uk release is uncut.... what was added?

I don't think Noé would want anyone releasing a cut or changed version of his films -the additional/extended scenes will be available from the menu only and not part of the film.

I'd be very surprised to see different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks