What's new

Where can I get BTTF in individual cases? (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I saw Back to the Future sold in individual cases at a Sci-fi convention last year. They were sold in the same cases that some rental stores got, and I am sure they are not bootlegs. I know the vendor has a website that you can buy from, but I am not sure what it is. If anyone has seen these in individual cases, please tell me where I can get them. They are not packaged seperately, you still have to purchase all three. It's simply a boxset, with 3 keepcases.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
No, they were reigon 1 releases. I would have bought it then and there, but I didn't have any money with me. It was a reliable vendor, and I have seem them in video stores as well.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The video stores do have some kind of individual cover art for each movie. However, I do not know of the vendor site and I have never seen these for sale.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Exactly what Dave said. Blockbuster and whatnot have separate versions available for rental (and probably, later for purchase) but you cannot buy them separately at any B&M or online store (legally) in region 1.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
In any case, the covers at DVDcoverart.com are better than any original cover you would find. And they're pretty cheap too...

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yup. No individual releases for sale in region 1. Rental locations got individual packaging, but not for sale.

The ones you saw at the convention were either the rental-packaging, a different region, or bootlegs.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Yes. The ones I saw at the convention were the rental packaging. But they had them for sale, so I want to buy them. It would cost me 20 dollars to order the covers from DVDCoverArt.com and I'm not doing that.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
You don't have a color printer?

If not, it only costs like $4.95 to download something like 20 covers at dvdcoverart.com. Then (if you don't have a printer of your own) just take the files to Kinkos or something. Three printouts should cost you nowhere near twenty dollars.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have a color printer, but it's an inkjet, and I want high resolution prints. I asked if Office Max would do it, but they won't print it on glossy paper, unless I paid for a whole ream of it.
Besides, I would need to know what paper to print it on. And it would have to be paper that they carry.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
You could always buy the individual releases from Korea which have DTS audio. The run about $14 each.

Jeff

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Um, Joshua ... I've printed a number of custom covers on my Epson 880 inkjet, on a glossy stock.

You would never guess that they are prints. Not at 2880 dpi when printed. Not sure how much higher rez you want. :)

Doing color inkjet prints with a decent stock turns out a really good result. (Provided the file you are printing is of high quality, of course.)

Now, that being said, if you'd rather have someone do a color laser print...hit the office stores. Office Max won't print on glossy? That's pretty dumb. Try Kinkos. Or another print-shop. All you need to do is get them to print on a good quality heavy-ish stock. (Glossy isn't required, but it won't hurt.)

It honestly shouldn't be that difficult. Finding AUTHENTIC rental covers (that aren't prints) probably won't be the easiest thing to do...

William K

Stunt Coordinator
I'd even settle right now on finding the set in widescreen.

None of the stores local to me (Best Buy, Circut City etc) have had these in widescreen for some time now. I held off on buying the widescreen due to the whole glitch debacle and now I can't find any widescreens in B & M stores.

Oh well. I guess I'm not meant to get this one no matter how much I like the first movie.

Bill

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Try getting them from an online retailer. I'm sure most of them would have widescreen in stock. I'd look at dvdpricesearch.com first. My printer is a HP DeskJet 812C The resolution is 600 dpi. Not at all acceptable. If someone could reccomend a a good paper to print on that OfficeMax carries, I will get them done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks