Where can I get an X1!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Adam O, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Adam O

Adam O Stunt Coordinator

I can't beleive it, where have they all gone!? I have been trying to get my hands on one for a couple weeks now it seems like they are out of stock absolutely everywhere. I am from Canada so I am trying my best not to buy from the states. Even local dealers it seems are completely dry lately. I first heard the 15th of december but it seems like now its the 22nd. How likely is it that it will be moved again, probably the 29th or even next year, the closer we get to the 22nd? I really want to get my hands on this before I go back to school in January.

Argg...
    Thanks alot,
    Adam

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

There have been rumours, some from Infocus that the X1 as we have known it is in transition. If they are indeed making that transition now the X1 will be back shortly but it will not have the faroudja chip any longer. It is probably worth your time to track down someone who has it in stock right now.

Good luck, this is a great PJ at a great price.

3. Dave Man

Dave Man Stunt Coordinator

I've got one that I will be taking back to Circuit City if you're interested in getting one that badly. I got a killer deal from Dell just after I bought it and it just arrived this week. I live in Michigan... (Seems like it has about 30 hours on the lamp)

David

4. FrancisD

FrancisD Auditioning

Adam, have you tried Projectors Plus? They told me they had stock on the X1 about two weeks ago. I would also check Projectors Canada, they were supposed to have some coming in this week.

cheers,

Francis.

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, they're starting to trickle in, check out the sites francisD gave you... I found a site that might have them, i placed an order, ill report back when they confirm it...

6. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

Dave

What did you get from Dell?

7. Dave Man

Dave Man Stunt Coordinator

I bought the X1 directly from Dell. (I think it was through their small business division.) They had a special in the "Deals page" section of this forum back at the end of october or thereabouts. I paid $800, which is below cost for the X1. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to get that price!!

David

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    DAMMIT! the place i placed an order from JUST ran out, tehy're getting another shipment of 15 today, hope they get to my order... [​IMG]

9. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Nick,

you sure are having a hell of a time getting the X1, keep the faith! [​IMG]

10. Adam O

Adam O Stunt Coordinator

Nick, where did you buy from and when did you send your order. I ordered from SoftMagic on Monday, when they said they still had some in stock. As of yesterday they were out of stock so I'm not sure if they got to my order or not, I'm awaiting a reply from them. If you didnt also order from them I as curious as to where you did; I wasn't aware of any places in Canada that have had them in recently except for soft magic.

Adam

11. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

12. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, softmagic got a shipment of 35 in at first, but they shipped those, yesterday they told me they were getting another 15 in... im hoping im one of those 15...

If it doesnt get shipped by friday, im gonna try to cancel the order and try Cendirect again, they say they have a whole bunch on order (99 in their Vancouver warehouse, and 325 in their Toronto)...

Those two were the only ones that cost under $1500 after taxes and shipping... these little bastards are hard to find!

13. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Hey Patrick, there is nothing wrong with that price. The price I get from my sister WITH both taxes but NO shipping is $1425.

Now if I could find a reselller in Alberta or Quebec and get the same price and save a tax I'd be damn happy.

I think it would work out to about $1325 including 1 tax, add $20 for shipping and $30 for using a card(?) so it work out to about $1375.

Brent
    P.s. Shoppers has a cheap proscan player with VGA output for $80 .. just a heads up .. + if you spend more than $100 you get 15000 bonus Optimum points.

14. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Well, my dad threatened to cancel the order if they didnt have it shipped by tomrrow, he'd cancel the order, they 'promised' us they'd ship it tomorrow.. here's hopin

Update: Its shipped! Its shipped! hahaha, doin the happy dance... Now we play the waiting game...