What's new

Where can I get a rack to place my DVD's (1 Viewer)

Bolivar G

Second Unit
Im starting to pile DVD's everywhere now and tripping over them :D
I need like shelf system to hold my DVD's thats around 100 bucks. Willing to go just over.
I seen some pretty cools ones on ppl pictures of there HT.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I like these racks, from Atlantic:
http://www.thejungles.com/pen322blac.html
They do have other sizes available.
They are very sturdy, you can choose the shelf height on assembly so there is little wasted space, and they look kinda sleek.
Best Buy usually has them for aroun $70, but you can often find them at Sam's or BJ's for $50.
-Scott

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Another alternative are IKEA shelving systems. I use 4 $79 USD BILLY bookshelves to hold my dvd collection. These shelves start at $49 and if you want glass doors, it's $100 more.

These are quite impressive if you line these up along a wall. The ones I bought were 79 1/2" by 31" by 11" deep.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Let me add a positive response to shopping at "thejungles".
I recently bought this huge storage unit online from them (thanks to another HTFer recommendation) and it arrived just fine via UPS within 2 weeks. And that sucker was heavy and bulky too. So consider me satisfied and a bit impressed.
I could not find that unit or anything in that size range around Indy, so it was great to be able to shop online for it and have it work out correctly.
I know you were looking for a cheaper unit, just sharing my experience in buying something from them that was certainly more difficult to deliver than anything you are likely to buy for the $100 range. :)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i use the Billy bookshelves from IKEA, too. since they are a little deep for DVD's, i've cut a 1x4 to the width of the shelf and lay it across the back of the shelf, behind the dvd's. this makes the perfect spacer to keep the dvd's faced out to the front of the shelf.
the tallest Billy will hold about 350 dvd's, but you need to add a couple of extra shelves to it at about $15 each.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I bought one at Best Buy for $50. It's a Fellowes. It holds 280 DVD's. I works great for me.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Do you have access to a Home Depot? Know how to use a cordless drill?
The DIY DVD-rack/bookshelf. For $100 you could probably build enough shelves to store 2000 DVDs. (Assuming you already have a drill).
Then you can paint it to match anything you want. Flat black to match the SVS subwoofer, buy woodstain to match your expensive AV-cabinets, cover it in black vinyl for the "goth" look. Better-yet, cover it in worthless Canadian pennies for the "armour-plated" look.
After that, you could go even more advanced DIY and add in things like....
*Microwave for pop-corn cooking
*glass-doors to protect priceless vintage Star Wars toys & Playsets (I like Jabba's palace).
*backlighting!
*secret compartments for adult-DVDs and other contraband
Damn. Now I have to go to Lowes and start planning a new shelf. I just love building stuff :D

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Another vote for the Multimedia Storage 1520 from The Jungles. I'm 100% pleased with mine. As a matter of fact, I'll be ordering my second one within the next month or two.
You might also have a look at this huge thread for some more great ideas. Whatever you decide to get, don't skimp on space! You'll fill it up before you know it. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks