Where can I get a poster/print made?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeremiah, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I am wanting a large poster or print of Frederick Hart's Ex Nihilo but they are not available so I was wondering if I could take a picture somewhere and have one blown up into large poster/print size. Is there a place that does this? Would the image look bad if it was blown up from a book page size?

Here's the sculpture but it is not the picture I was going to use.
    http://carolinareporter.sc.edu/archi...hartp1_jr.html

Thanks for any help.

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Hmmm. You could try your local Costco, although on the other hand they probably won't do it because of their copyright policy. [​IMG]

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

cool sculpture. reminds me of that wall from the al pacino / keanu reeves lawyer flick.

i think you'd have to go to a custom print house to do this. i doubt if even kinko's has this kind of capability. if you look up "printing" in your yellow-pages, you'll probably find some speciality shops.

depending on how big you want this poster to be, it may look grainy - unless you use some sort of specialty camera. i doubt (but don't know for sure) if a 35mm will work for you.

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Thanks for the replies, I will try and find some specialty shops around my area. I am afraid it will be grainy but you never know.

Ted, that is the sculpture they used for The Devil's Advocate but Hart got real pissed at how it was portrayed so they changed it up some.

5. Tim Morton

Tim Morton Stunt Coordinator

I do that kind of thing for a living...if it is done properly it should look as good or better than the original. But to do it correctly might get a little pricy. You must have an orginal of the highest quality, and it must be free of any kind of dot pattern. Once you have a decent orginal, plan on spending $25 bucks for a scan and $15 dollars per square foot for the output...(2'x3' poster would be 6 sq ft or $115 bucks ). Copyright
    issues only come onto play if it is physically marked on the original.

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Thanks Tim, I would spend 100+ to get a nice size poster of that sculpture. I would never get rid of it so it wouldn't be a waste.