What's new

Where can I get a good outdoor antenna? (1 Viewer)

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
I've been in "acquiring signal" hell since I got my receiver Christmas day. Since then, I've been eyeing the Terk Sir6 outdoor antenna. Looks like a nice unit, and most of the customer reviews for it on Amazon are quite glowing.

However, it's on backorder everywhere I look - even the Sirius store. I tried ordering it from Amazon, and they gave me an estimated delivery date of February 13(!). What gives?

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Brad,

I had the same problem at home. I don't know if you tried this, but in order for me to get reception I have to stick the antenna outside a window. In my case, I had a ledge for it to sit on. I'm doing this unitl I can get one of the permanent outdoor antenna. In my car and at the office I get excellent reception. It's just at home that it is a problem. By the way, thanks for mentioning the Terk antenna. I was looking for this info.

Chris

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered one. Thanks, William.

In the meantime, I mounted the dinky little antenna that came with my unit onto my roof. The tech support from Sirius said it's waterproof. I sure hope he's right (knock on wood).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks