Where can I find step lighting?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ben Mecham, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Ben Mecham

Ben Mecham Agent

You know, the kind that they have in theaters. I seem to find plenty single louvered lights recessed in the riser of the step, but I'm looking for some that are in strip form that have little bulbs like rope lights that mount right on the corner of the stair. Countless searches turn up nothing. There have got to be some out there!

Help?? [​IMG]

2. Ben Mecham

Ben Mecham Agent

Honestly, absolutely no one knows where I can find this stuff? So no one in this forum has step light strips in their HT? Any brand names, or maybe just some links to some on the net -- I just can't find ANY anywhere...

3. Cameron Wright

Cameron Wright Stunt Coordinator

4. Ben Mecham

Ben Mecham Agent

Gee, how enlightening....
    Do you really think I hadn't tried searching the internet first... ??
    However, if you actually take a look at the first ten pages or so of your search, you won't find one example of the kind of lights I'm talking about.
    I'm looking for step lights that are in STRIP form, not single bulbs installed on the front of the step. At every movie theater that I've ever been to, they have lights of this type installed on their steps.
    Maybe I'm not even calling them by their correct name -- they might have a special term that I could search by -- anything like that would be helpful...

5. Cameron Wright

Cameron Wright Stunt Coordinator