What's new

Where can I find seven great interconnects for less than $100? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well let's see...speaker cable...how's about something in blue from Knukonceptz for 0.40/foot. Looks kinda sharp and a nice change from the clear stuff.

james e m

Second Unit
Chu,
Thanks for the link, that might be a very good option for me! Do you know anything about the company? I've never heard of them. Is this what you use?
James

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's just wire james. nothing special one way or the other. they do sell a version of the 12 gauge that's twisted and while the twisting would decrease the inductance (implication that there's slightly less drop at 20 kHz...not that you could hear it), it also introduces capacitance. While with moderate lengths and probably with most amps, this extra capacitance isn't an issue, my way of thinking is why bother introducing a variable. It's kind of like filling up your 20,000 gallon pool for the first time with water that came from a quarry. It's eminently drinkable if you want. Then the kid comes over and takes a leak. OK...so it wouldn't kill me, but I really don't want to hassle with it. Me, I've got runs of Sound King. I like wire that's flexible. If you'd rather james, pick up 10 gauge for the fronts and 12 for the rears...or the other way around. Whatever suits your pocketbook. Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, Stereo Review conducted a test with listners and found it was only with long lengths and thin gauges...something like 22 or 28 gauge that listeners could distinguish between that and a length of 16 gauge. There's nothing in your particular setup that would mandate rethinking 12 gauge wire.
I think those Outlaws that you picked up are kind of nice looking cables for what it's worth. Their buy it you own it is a tad disturbing but I wouldn't think there'll be any problems.

While we're spending your money...carefully!! Head on over to Caig and pick up one of their survival kits. It's a little pricey because of the small quantities, but it's nice stuff to have around to keep things cleaned and all. After all, women get away with this stuff all the time when they head on over to the cosmetics area in Macy's or Nordstrom's.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
First company is Australian and while the country has my deepest gratitude for their support during recent overseas issues, it doesn't excuse the preposterous prices they're charging.
Second company is selling you protection for something that never happens and that is EMI/RFI affecting the signal in the speaker wires. Also the shield will increase the cable capacitance despite their statement of vanishingly low and all that. Regarding the SP200 the following statement appears.
Composed exclusively of oxygen-free copper, each conductor is precisely sized to ideally propagate a specific range of frequencies.
Pure gobbledygook. Suddenly the signals coming out of your amp know which size conductor to go into? The wire is behaving like a traffic cop? Oh my! Electrons just aren't that smart.
Another reasonable alternative are the speaker wires from Canare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks