What's new

Where can I find OLD ATI/RADEON drivers? (1 Viewer)

David Ruiz

Second Unit
I went to the ATI website and downloaded the latest drivers and as a result, my 19" computer monitor can only display a single resolution correctly: 800x600. I can change it to other resolutions, but they display very stretched and with a lot of panning. I used to be able to run 1600x1200 easily on this monitor before the latest drivers.

I tried to "roll-back" to the old drivers, but unfortunately, it can't find the files needed in order to do so, so does anyone know where I can fold old ATI/Radeon drivers? My card is the 9800 pro. Thanks in advance.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Err, you can get several generations back of these drivers from the ATi web site itself. You look in the same place as for the newest drivers, and there is a link for "history" or something, with a big long change log and links to each referenced version.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you mean the desktop scrolls when you mouse to the edge of the screen, you may have a virtual desktop mode turned on. Double check your settings.

Also double check that the driver settings for your monitor didn't accidently get changed.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
what version do you need? I have many of the older versions archived. IMO 5.11
was the best driver set they have had recently, it gives great performance and doesnt have all that new fangled garbage in the drivers that hogs up resources.
I used them on my 9800 pro and now my x850xt.

One other thing did you remove the old drivers before you tried to update? It can cause issues if you dont, i also suggest you download and use driver cleaner next time to make sure you completely remove the old drivers. driver cleaner is free.

David Ruiz

Second Unit

I don't know what version I had before. I was just using the drivers that came from the original install CD that came with the ATI card, but I seem to have lost that CD. If I can get this thing to display properly, I might just keep the new drivers.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
I want to thank all of you so much. Just like you guys said, the old drivers were on the ATI site and I downloaded them and once again, my montior can display 1600x1200 without scrolling. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks