Where Can I find a tape of the Oscar Telecast?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Paul Chi, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Paul Chi

Paul Chi Stunt Coordinator

I missed the Oscars last Sunday and I was wondering where I can get a copy of the show. For some reason I enjoy watching this award show so I tried calling the academy to request a copy of the show but they don't do that. So they told me to call ABC but they told me to call my local ABC affliate station for a copy but they don't give them out.

So I guess I'm out of luck. I think the Academy should sell the show on DVD like they put the Superbowl games onto DVD for sale. I really think some people would buy them.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Vickie probably has a copy.

~T

3. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Paul, you have a Private Message. [​IMG]

I too would like to see Academy Awards on DVD. Heck, I'm pathetic enough to want a 24-hr "Awards Show" channel! Seeing old Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, Tonys, Screen Actors Guild, etc. etc. would thrill my sad existence beyond belief. [​IMG]

If the awards were on DVD, I'd want the entire show though, not just a "Highlights" reel. I'm interested in the more obscure categories, and don't want someone else deciding for me that I don't need to see, say, the Costume Designer nominees and winner of 1971 (Nicholas and Alexandra, I just looked it up). Since admittedly that kind of stuff does bore the pants off a lot of people, have the option to see the highlights or watch the entire show.

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Vickie, that has a kind of genius to it. An all awards show channel would be quite something to see, especially given the glut of show that have cropped up over the last decade.

Of course, they would probably be compelled to have Joan Rivers involved...

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

A 24-hour awards channel is a great idea!

~T

6. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I would easily watch an Awards Show channel over Family Fued circa 1978. I hate gameshows. [​IMG]

7. KevinYee

KevinYee Stunt Coordinator

I've got it recorded in High Defintion via Hipix card.