What's new

Where can I find a free PDF creator? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I signed up with Adobe, and all I get is 5 free conversions...after that, it's time to pay.

Are there any trustworthy PDF programs on the web that would convert my Word documents to PDF?

Thanks
Alfer

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Yes, MacOS X has pdf writing built into the OS. Pretty damn convenient.

However, you are probably inquiring about Windows. I created the exact thread a while back so I could get Windows users off my back. (They kept emailing me docs to convert.)

Anyway, here is a link to that old thread that will have what you want...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=157903

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I was just about to say what Jeff did, that OpenOffice 1.1 has native support for writing PDF files. It also reads and writes Microsoft Office files, which makes that one possible option.

Of course, you can just use OO for all text creation as well and dump Microsoft Office entirely. Unfortunately, it's not completely compatible with all the bells and whistles in MS Office which can lead to some minor problems with formatting if you have "advanced" documents.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Got it all downloaded and it works great...got all my PDF's posted to my site without a problem..nice!

Thanks
Alfer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks