Where can I demo Axiom speakers in Toronto area?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Allan, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Jason Allan

Jason Allan Auditioning

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any dealers in the GTA where I can demo Axiom speakers?

Thanks,

Jason

2. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Jason, try Replay Electronics, on The Queensway. The store ain't much to look at, but the speakers are sweet, and the prices are reasonable. Also, you might want to call Axiom on their toll-free line and ask them for the name and number of your nearest dealer (this info was previously posted on their site, but has apparently vanished following the site's new paint-job this past week). As I've said in the past, Axiom sure doesn't make it easy for us local slobs to listen to, or purchase, their speakers, do they?? But in the end, I think their speaks are worth your time and effort.

Best of luck, and cheers.

DS.

3. Nick_Shah

Nick_Shah Stunt Coordinator

Here are three places:
    Number 1 Sound
    416 532 6134
    952 College Street
    Replay Electronics
    416 251 9096
    1120 The Queensway
    Studio Lab
    416 757 3265
    2139 Lawrence Ave East
    I haven't been to any of these, but I was looking for similar information and found it on the Axiom website.
    -Nick

4. KevinGS

KevinGS Stunt Coordinator

Studio Lab only carries Axiom Subs

5. Nick_Shah

Kevin,
    Thanks for the clarification. By the way, the link to the dealer list, which I found through the forums is:
    http://www.axiomaudio.com/retail.cfm
    As you can see, it's still in the 'old' website style.
    I'll likely head to Replay Electronics later this week, and will post in this thread to pipe up about what they have on display, etc.
    -Nick

6. KevinGS

KevinGS Stunt Coordinator

save yourself some headaches and call around before you head out, i did and got alot of "we don't carry them anymore" or "don't have any setup but can order them for you"

7. Nick_Shah

Kevin had a good point. Too bad I realized that after I reached Replay...

Still, it was a good trip. George at Replay is EXTREMELY well-informed, as he has built several speakers himself over the years. We started chatting about some DIY kits that he carries, and now I'm considering going that route. However, they didn't have many of the Axiom bookshelves in stock (no M3Ti or M22Ti) but will be getting them in the next few weeks. Nice place, excellent service. The folks at Audio Asylum really like George.

There's also Number 1 sound, but I'll definitely be calling before heading there.

-Nick