Where can I buy this cable?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Kris McLaughlin, May 15, 2003.

1. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

(No luck in the HTPC section, so I'll try again)

I need to order a 10-pin ribbon cable that's a foot or so long. Preferably from Canada, as the shipping is usually prohibitively expensive from the States.

[​IMG]

It's used to connnect my soundcard's digital i/o board, if that helps.

Know of any vendors?

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

is that for an Audigy or something I'd say try calling the vendor of your specific sound card most of those are manufactured for there specific purposes and not widely available.

3. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

Hey, a response!

It's for a Zoltrix Nightingale Pro 6. I guess I'll send an email to them & see what they have to say. I suspect they will only have the little ~3" ones, though.

Thanks, Jeremy.

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

If you are able to do this, you could make one. You actually only need two of those connectors and any ribbon cable that is at least 10 wires wide. Just cut off the excess and snap the connectors on.

Glenn

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

If the pins are of the right dimensions, and I think most of those are the same, you could use an IDE cable, floppy cable, internal serial cable, etc. Just cut the connector down and make sure the pins are wired the same.

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

If you get no response from the manufacturer you may want to try these guys... Cables and Chips

When I needed to have custom cables put together for communication between some industrial automation devices (PLC, Flow Computers, Motor Management Relays, etc.) they came through very nicely at a decent price.

J