Where can I buy the CD Kick Axe - Vices ??

Discussion in 'Music' started by PaulDF, Jan 27, 2005.

1. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

I have been waiting 4 weeks for Amazon.ca to receive and ship this album to me, and now they say they cannot obtain it.

I wanted one for a B-day present for my older brother, who introduced me to Kick Axe many years ago, and one for myself. This album just doesn't age for me, I still love it as much as I did almost 20 years ago. To have it on CD would be would be pretty sweet.

Amazon.ca also list a remastered "Vices" album, but it too is temporarily out of stock. Not sure if I want to wait another month to find out they can't "obtain" it either! I have searched the net to find a vendor who stocks it, but none seem to have it, or can't get it. Our local music megastore can't order it either.

Any ideas?

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Wow, a blast from the past! [​IMG] If you like Vices, I *strongly* urge you to also check out Welcome to the Club. I have a special place in my heart for these two albums. I actually still have the vinyl.

For CDs, you could try ebay, and I've had some good luck with www.gemm.com. (I just checked, and there are some listings there.)

3. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Thanks Kevin! That link looks promising.

I have Vices, Welcome to the Club, and Rock the World on cassette. We were somewhat disappointed in the two albums following Vices, but I do like them. Vices just plain tears them up!

Anybody else able to offer some help?

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Just be careful as there are a LOT of bootleg CDs out there, even if the real deal exists. It is good to hear that many of the Canadian artists of the past are getting legitimate CDs released. I was very happy to add the first two Prism albums to my CD collection.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Paul- Check the completed auctions on ebay too. Even if there aren't good listings now, there have been in the past, and I would expect in the future too. There are some on GEMM, but one dude wanted over $100 for one of those CDs!

I also picked up Rock the World on vinyl. Just not as good as the first two.

Did you see that they released something in 2004? Now I'm wondering if one of us should give that a try... [​IMG]

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

There are a couple of places that I've been buying rare metal CDs online from over the past few years:
    http://www.perrisrecords.com/
    http://www.metalmayhem.com/

I don't see Kick Axe's Vices CD on either of them at the moment though.

I do see one copy listed as being new through an Amazon.com third party seller right now but it's $40. Did this go out of print again?

7. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Wow, thanks Kevin. I see there have been a few Vices CDs roaming around out there. I'll keep my eye on the listings for sure.

Yeah, I looked on GEMM too, and there were two on CD. One for $13.00 or so and one for over $100.00! I inquired about the cheaper one to see if it is even still available. But then I had to wonder about Jeff's comment...

I did see that Kick Axe IV is out now. Have read some reviews on it. The reviews were quite positive, but they did point out it is a mellower more refined sound, as compared to "Vices" or their following two albums. None the less, I might just buy it out of curiosity. (I am aging too!).

Thanks Todd, I have looked at metalmayhem.com, and just now at perrisrecords.com. They don't seem to have anything but the IV album right now.

I'll also watch to see if the remastered Vices CD becomes avaliable again at Amazon.ca.

8. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Paul- Let us know. Actually, I like "Welcome to the Club" a tad more than Vices similarly because it seemed a little bit more mellower, but more sohisticated. But they both are incredible.

One other tidbit: one of the cassettes of the first three has an extra track on it. I'll try to dig that up.

9. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Looks like "30 Days in the Hole", off the Vices cassette. A "bonus track not avaliable on LP".

I'll give a review of IV if I do go out and buy it.

10. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Bingo!

11. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

Wow. Some Kick Axe fans here at HTF. I saw them many years ago with Judas Priest in Florida and several months after that in Denver. In Denver, I got to go back stage and meet the band. Cool guys. I picked up Vices on CD from Amazon a few years ago. Glad to have it finally.

12. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Just received my Kick Axe - Vices CD today. Bought the remastered version on ebay. It sounds awesome and was well worth the effort!

Haven't bought the IV album yet, had a bid on it as well, but had to let it go when the Vices bids started going up! If anybody has a review of it, let us know...

13. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

If you do get the 4th one, let us know...