What's new

Where can I buy phone line filters for DSL? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Lehr

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know of a good, cheap online source for phone line filters used with DSL service? I could get them from my phone company, but they want too much for them.
Thanks.

JL

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Jeff
I have 3 or 4 extra , if you have a dvd you want to trade or something.
Email me and maybe we can work something out
Grant

Jeff Lehr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses. I was going to buy them for a friend that got DSL service, but it turns out he bought them from the phone co. already. They were charging $10 ea. for them before, but they finally wised up and lowered the price to $5 ea., so I guess he'll get by with those.
I'll keep all the suggestions in mind for next time, tho.
Thanks again.

JL

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Here's something to put in the back of your head for the future.

When I was first had DSL installed at my house, I needed to have filters, obviously. I finally got fed up with my DSL provider, but to prevent the necessary 90-day stoppage of service I had the new DSL connection installed on my second line.

When the guys from the phone company came out to prep the second line, we started tlaking about DSL and I told him that I planned on connecting my network to it. When I told him that, he took a few extra minutes, split the phone line at the junction box outside the house, and put a filter specifically on the lines that would be used for the phones. He then ran the other unfiltered pair down to my basement specifically for DSL. So, now I have absolutely no need for broadband filters on any of my phones, because it's all handled by a single filter outside the house.

Might be something to ask if you ever have a phone repairman cmoe to your house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks