Where can I buy an SPL in the UK

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zak Solo, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Zak Solo

Zak Solo Agent

Hi

Not sure where this should go.

Where can I find an SPL meter as I have been trying to look for one for ages, to no avail. Radioshack do not ship to the UK. Tandy, Maplin etc don't stock them or have gone out of business.

Also where can I buy the AVIA disk? Is £35 the right price for this or will Toy Story 2 do the same job?

I would be most grateful for any thoughts. I am based in London for your information.

Thanks

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

not sure what you can do about the spl. you could check ebay or post in the hardware for sale forum here. do you know anyone in the US who could ship one to you?
    as far as the dvd goes, go to www.dvdpricesearch.com. do a search and you'll find lots of on-line places you can order it from. although i don't know if shipping to london will be a problem for them or not.
    i would use the avia over the ts2 dvd. i think some say you can't really use the tones from movie dvd's...something about them being optimized for that dvd only...not sure though.
    good luck!

3. Scott Page

Scott Page Stunt Coordinator

Sak,

These meters are also used by industrial hygiene and safety professionals to test sound levels in industrial settings. Try a safety supplier in your telephone listings. Though they may be more expensive from such a supplier.