What's new

where can i buy a new denon avr-4802? thanks. (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I'd like to buy a new denon avr-4802 for a reasonable price. Any suggestion where I can buy it? By the way, if you have a suggestion, let me know if the online etailer is reliable, and honest. Also if you have bought from such etailer recently. Thanks.

I can only afford to pay about $1600.00 plus any tax or/and shipping.

Sincerely,

orestes.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
That's awfully cheap for the 4802. I have seen it for a few hundred more at Sound Distributors. Personally have dealt with them three times. No problems so far. Prompt service too. They have good marks from the online ratings companies and, supposidly, they are members of the Better Business Bureau's group of "honest" companies.

Dan

JaimeC

Grip
orestes,
I think i can help. I just bought mine from www.audioexcellence.com on the internet for $1667.99, optional extended warranty for $249, plus $70 to $100 for freight, and no tax since its a wholesale house but might change after the new year.
It took 3 to 5 days to receive my equipment and I live on the west cost.
Goodluck,
JaimeC

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I went to Sound Distributors but this etailer wants $1850.00 which is more than I am willing to pay for this receiver (I already have a denon avr-3300, but I am running out of optical audio inputs--only 3 vs 5 in the avr-4802). Also the avr-4802 has one more component video input than my current avr-3300 which only has two sets of component video inputs.

By the way, I found the following prices for this unit in the following etailers, but I don't know any of them:

etailer: price:

dealznet.com $1650

audiosound.com $1676

pricesrite $1580

letsgodigital $1580

digitalsuperstore $1580

Does anyone know anything about letsgodigital? I believe I read a few post about it when I was looking for a portable DVD player at the begin of this year, but I don't remember if it is good, bad, honest, dishonest, or reliable.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

orestes.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I am now looking at audioexcellence.com. Let me think about this to see if I can gather more feed back from the forum.

Thanks,

orestes.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Have you thought about using the AmEx Blue card? They have an awesome pricematch policy. If it were me, and I had $1600 to spend, I'd find a good place to buy it at for $1850. Then, you can pricematch with the card down $250 (that's their max per item limit) and you end up getting the $1600 price and buying from the (hopefully better) $1850 place.

Aaron

Randy G

Second Unit
Denon is a 40 point line, so a legitimate dealer's cost is about $1500, not including shipping costs. If somebody's selling these within $100 of cost, chances are pretty likely that the product is either gray market, "B" stock(blemished), refurbished(returns), or lacks a proper warranty(don't want to get into THAT again). You really owe it to yourself to do a product like this "the right way"...ie...look for a decent discount, but from a dealer who will stand behind it if it needs quick repairs or will help with any questions. My dealer even provides loaners when necessary.
If you're interested, I can get you a 25% discount from list($1875) from an authorized dealer who you'll not only LOVE doing business with, but who you will definitely recommend to your friends. No, he ain't the cheapest, but he's the best overall. I promise.
Regards,
Randy
[email protected]
ps-also carries Lexicon, Sherbourn, Velodyne, Integra, Onkyo, Toshiba, Mission, PSB, Monitor Audio, and many projectors.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
thanks for all suggestions and comments, but i am still looking....

orestes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks