What's new

Where can I buy a car adaptor for Panosnonic portable DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Rong Chen

Grip
I bought a Panosnonic portable DVD player a while back, now I am taking it on trips a lot more often. I was trying to find a car cigarette lighter adaptor to power DVD for the kids on the long trips.
All I can find are the adaptors for CD players, which are not powerful enough to drive the DVD player. The most powerful adaptor I found is 1000mA 6V (made by Sony),
but my DVD AC adaptor is rated 2A, 9V. I tried the Sony, it won't work.

Please help, I am sure they are out there.

Thank you so much.

I appologize if this is not right place to post this question.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I would think the Radio Shack would have one for it or try Panasonic's website www.panasonic.com maybe you can order the part directly from them or give them a call at 1-800-211-PANA You might also want to try www.partsexpress.com to see if they have one & they will also be a lot cheaper than the Shack or Panasonic. Another thing might be to try any Panasonic REPAIR shop because they can also order any Panasonic parts for you.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Panasonic has part number RP-CK477. It includes a car power adapter with 1.5, 3, 4.5 and 6V output and a cassette adapter. The information I have doesn't list a current rating, but since this is a Panasonic part, I can only assume it would be a suitable match.

I should mention that this information comes from a Panasonic Canada catalog and the US may have a different part number (not usually, but it happens).

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I personally have never seen a car power adapter that exceeds 1600mA. The maximum voltage is, obviously, 24V.

Rong Chen

Grip
David:

Can you tell me where can I find 1600mA adaptor? If I can get this 1600mA 9V one it would be good enough, I think. It's 20% under, normally electronics devices have good margins on power deviations.

The Sony I tried has 1A*6V = 6Watts power rating, which is 1/3 of what the player requires 2A*9V=18Watts.

Thanks for all.

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I'm serious here. I have a MINTEK DVD-1710 portable and this works great with it (just used it last weekend).
Go to your local Wal-Mart electronics section and look for a PowerLine Model 0900-21 Digital Universal Car Cord Adapter. It's rated for 3-12 Volts DC/2000 mA. There's a little switch on it that lets you choose between 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 12 Volts. If I remember correctly it costs $14.95.
Carlos:)

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
You're welcome.

While you're there you might want to go by their sporting goods section and check out a HOPPE's Shooter's Bag. It has two removeable padded holders and two internal side pockets. I found this was perfect for holding my system, battery, power cords, headphones, DVD disk holder and other miscellaneous electronic goodies I haul along when traveling. Only drawback is the bag runs around $24.

Also found that when in the car (as passenger, of course) I could set the bag on my knee against the door and rest the system on top of the bag for perfect viewing height. Added benefit was that it placed it right in front of the A/C vent and helped to keep it cool.
Enjoy!

Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks