Where can I buy a big cardboard box?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Don Black, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I need to pack and ship a lounge chair and I can't find any place that carries furniture-size carboard boxes. I know they exist because my chair came in one. But for the life of me, I can't seem to find any available to the public! Thanks.

2. Mark Brewer

Mark Brewer Stunt Coordinator

You might try a local furniture store to get one.
    Or you can buy one for about $200 - $400 and get a free Washer or dryer[​IMG]

3. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

Try U-Haul, they sell boxes or you might try calling a local mover and asking if they sell boxes.

4. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

5. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Who are you using to ship the chair? I'm not 100% positive, but if you are using UPS or Fed-Ex, maybe you can call them and they can sell and deliver you one.

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

check ebay, a wardrobe box might do it. I'm moving soon andhave been buying boxes on fleabay, much cheaper than uhaul [​IMG]

7. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Look on the phone book for packaging companies. The places I've used are geared towards supplying shipping companies but they do sell to the public too.

The local one I use is Victory Packaging (victorypackaging.com) and have gotten $10 worth of bubble wrap and various boxes and stuff. They custom make things so all you have to do is call them up with the dimensions of what you're trying to ship and then go pick up the custom box the next day. If you don't have a Victory near you, then you probably have something else that operates in similar fashion.

8. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Don, you could try going back to where you bought it (or any place similar) and see if they have any in the back room. I've heard people doing this and getting boxes for free. Otherwise they're just going to trash the boxes anyway.