What's new

Where art thou Sarah McLachlan? (1 Viewer)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard what is up with Sarah McLachlan. I know she had a baby a year or two ago. However it has to be 6 years since her last album: is she still on hiatus or back in the studio?

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
i know! where is she...i've been listening to her music a lot lately...her records are so good....

Zane Charron

Second Unit
No doubt. 'Fumbling Towards Ecstacy' and 'Surfacing' are two wonderful albums that are also terrifically engineered. I'd love to have them on a hi-rez format.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I am a die-hard Sarah fan. Surafacing and FTE are two of my favorite cds. I would cry to hear them in DVD-A.

People crack up looking at my collection: Disturbed, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Queens of the Stone Age, Sarah Mclachlan, Alanis Morrisette. ;)

Sathyan

Second Unit
Mirrorball came out in '99 so its 4 years.

FYI here is the most recent email (today) I've received from Sarah's label:

Go backstage with Sarah McLachlan and her all-female travelling music festival Lilith Fair in the one-hour documentary Lilith On Top premiering in March on the Global Television Network (see below). Directed by Lynne Stopkewich, the critically acclaimed film goes on the road during the festival's final tour and includes performances by McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, the Dixie Chicks, Chrissy Hynde and the Pretenders, and the Indigo Girls.

In 1997, McLachlan launched the travelling music festival that featured an all-female roster of performers. During its three-year run, the festival shook the male-dominated music industry and became one of the most successful multi-artist tours of the last decade. In addition to confirming the economic drawing power of female performers, Lilith Fair donated millions of dollars to charity organizations dedicated to women's health, education and well-being.

In 1999, McLachlan collaborated with director Stopkewich to shoot a documentary that would capture Lilith's final year on the road and the spirit of the tour as both a celebration of women in music and a cultural event. Combining hand-held home video with live performances, Lilith On Top is more than just a backstage portrait; it is a testament to the unifying idealism of Lilith Fair, its creator, and women who make music. Lilith On Top has been featured at a number of prominent festivals including South By Southwest in Austin, Texas, a major music festival; the Toronto International Film Festival; and the Berlin International Film Festival.

'Lilith On Top' will air on the Global Television Network as follows:

* Wednesday, March 12th
Ontario/Quebec/British Columbia - 10pm

* Thursday, March 13th
Maritimes - 7:30pm

* Saturday, March 15th
Alberta - 9pm
Manitoba/Saskatchewan - 10pm

For more information on Global, visit their website: http://www.globaltv.ca/

Currently, there is no word of an airing date for Lilith On Top in the U.S. Should something come about, we'll be sure to make note of it on her official site, as well as via email.

thanks for reading...

--
[email protected] ArmandS http://www.nettwerk.com
Nettwerk Productions / {N} Nettwerk Productions /

http://www.sarahmclachlan.com - Nettwerk's official Sarah web site with Sarah news, tour dates, fanclub info, bio and discography, a photo gallery and Quicktime videos and sound files!!!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this email list, please go to: http://www.nettweb.com/lists/index.html

--

Sathyan

NP Sugababes - One Touch

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Has she delivered her baby yet? I figure that's the next impediment to her getting another album out. I also would like to see her next album show up this year, but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks