What's new

where are your rears mounted? (1 Viewer)

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
high on wall,ear level on wall or on stands.just curiuos about the best place to mount my rears,slighly above ear level on wall will probably suit the wifey best.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Mine are positioned about two feet behind the listening area and are aimed parallel to the listening plane. They are elevated about 3 feet above my ears, on stands. I would have mounted them on the wall if my room had cooperated.

Roger Kint

Stunt Coordinator
Mounted 8 feet high, right behind the listening area pointing straight down. I don't have space behind the listening area as my couch is right up against the wall but I wanted 6.1 sound anyway. So I found that pointing the speaker straight down helps direct the sound to the listening position otherwise the sound would be all over the room, or sound like it is coming from the front. Needless to say this is not ideal for a rear speaker because you really should have room behind the couch, but it seems to be a good enough compromise.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
On identical stands as my mains, at ear level in listening position, ~3 ft behind the listener, pointed at eachother for a diffuse effect. Works great.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I don't even want to touch the subject of mounting rears...lol however dolby's site has some information on that subject

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i put them on bookshelfes, about 3 feet high from the floor. not ideal, but i think it is a good compromise.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I took a pair of oversized computer speakers and disabled the onboard amplifier and rewired them and put them in both corners of the living room about 4 1/2 feet off the floor facing the front. That works pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks