Where are those AP SACDs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Today is Tuesday, September 24th. All of those neat Analogue Production SACDs were supposed to be available today: Bill Evans, CCR, Monk, Cannonball, etc.

So I stop by elusivedisc and acousticsounds, and some are now listed for October 8th, some are listed for "preorder" (yet the availability date is still the 24th or 15th), and some are "out of stock."

Has anybody gotten any of these yet? I generally do not like to preorder things- I don't like the idea of either getting charged for an eventual title or for not knowing exactly when they'll charge me.

I've been looking forward to these for a while.

NP: Elvin Jones, And Then Again / Midnight Walk

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Mike,

They lied to me! I think the Stones clogged up everything. I'm going to call them and find out where my CCRs are.

Patience, Grasshopper. APO always delivers.

3. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Elusive Disc is also reports many of these (including CCR) as pushed back to 10/8. Some others, such as Cannonball, are still listed as 9/24 but not in stock.

I guess the plants still haven't caught up from the Stones crush.

Ryan

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    I went to Tower today to find out the story. I know they carry Analogue Productions discs since that is where I got my Sonny Rollins SACD. They were not in their system. They called someone for me and they are aware they are coming but have no firm date from the particular distributor that Tower deals with. When that happens, they will be on their system. Hopefully, it will be soon.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Isn't it a bummer that we often don't find out about delays until the last minute? You mean to tell me that someone didn't know last week that the CCR SACDs would be delayed? [​IMG]
    Phil,
    Are you saying that the Tower Records stores might get the CCR SACDs? If the stores get the CCR SACDs, that would be very cool.

6. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Here's what Acoustic sounds said about the CCR discs.

The CCR SACD's got backed up due to the Rolling Stones pressings (they apparently moved everyone's projects up) so Cosmo's Factory and Willie And The Poorboys won't be in until early October. The rest of them should be in before Christmas.

Tom

7. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Yes Keith, they already carry SACDs from the same label. My Sony Rollins disc was the same price at Tower as everywhere else, $24.99, so I fully expect that they will carry them.

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Phil, thanks. I'd love to see the CCR SACDs in a real store. [​IMG]

9. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Phil, you lucky bastard- my Tower does not carry AP SACDs.

NP: Aerosmith, Greatest Hits, disc 2, SACD

10. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

I can't find any info on apo's web site about the SACD's being hybrid or not. Does anyone know if the CCR SACD's are in fact hybrids? I sure hope so.

Thanks,
    Aaron

11. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

**"I'd love to see the CCR SACDs in a real store"**

Yes, Tower Records does seem to carry the AP SACDs, as I saw all the first batch of OJC SACDs (Miles, Rollins, Baker, and Evans) at the Paramus,NJ Tower for $24.99.

The problem is, if this is even a problem, they didn't actually show up in the store until months after they were officially released (and I already had mine since day one from Acoustic Sounds). So with regard to the CCR SACDs, who knows when you might actually see them in a store.

I for one won't take that chance, so I have mine pre-ordered with Acoustic Sounds.

12. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

13. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Excellent, thanks.

-Aaron

14. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Aaron, note that the CCR SACDs are hybrid stereo discs. No multi-channel tracks here.

15. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Keith,
    As long as they're hybrid I'm OK with missing a multi-channel track, it's not terribly important to me on remasters like this.
    I don't think I've found a really good multichannel mix yet anyways. [​IMG]
    -Aaron