What's new

Where are the UPN shows?? (ie-Special Unit 2, Jake 2.0,etc)?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I got excited when I saw my thread ressurected. I was hoping to see some release info for Special Unit 2 and 7 Days. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Warner seems to be one of the few studios that actually cares about this. I see them fight hard for this sort of thing all the time. They can't win 'em all, but they try very very hard to, and I admire and respect them for it.

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
One UPN show I'd really like to see that wasn't mentioned yet is called Live Shot. It lasted about half a season and was a slice-of-life look at an LA local news team. It starred Jeff Yagher from "V" and was pretty good.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Oh, yes. I remember Live Shot very well. I'd snap that up just as soon as they released it. Alot of tongue-in-cheek humor in that, especially when one reporter sneaks up to the roof and broadcasts live from a rival station.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am surprised with the popularity of Ugly Betty, that Jake 2.0 hasn't been released to cash in on Christopher Gorham's popularity. I know Sci-Fi started airing it in their daily block rotations after UB took off

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

His is a recurring character. He's been on and off since the beginning.

Geez--all these UPN shows that didn't last long. Never even heard of half of them. That UPN sure tried hard, didn't they.

LCD22

Screenwriter

"Jake 2.0" was created by "Ugly Betty" creator Silvio Horta, so I'm surprised CBS/Paramount hasn't also cash in on that. But then again, we continue to not see a release for "Legend", which starred Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie, and was co-created by the late Michael Piller.

If they do come to DVD, I hope we don't see "music disclaimers" on them.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Where is also "Haunted" starring Matthew Fox? I only saw the pilot on the Sci-Fi Channel, but since that network can't seem to keep this series on their schedule, I would like to see the rest of the series on DVD. Rick Ramage, who co-created USA Network's "Peacemakers", also co-created "Haunted".

troy evans

Screenwriter
No, Soldier of Fortune was syndicated. In it's second season they changed the name to S.O.F. Special Ops Force and then after that it was cancelled. The pilot movie was released to dvd many years ago from a company called Avalanch. I own that release and have been waiting ever since for the rest of the series.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Was watching the Scifi channel this morning and caught part of Special Unit 2. That show is still great. Would somebody (Shout) please release this show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks