Where Are The Star Trek II: Wrath Of Khan Reviews?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Graham, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

I've recently finished reading numerous reviews from sites like DVDTalk, DVDFile, The Digital Bits and this forum concerning DVDs like The Fog and Blade II that won't be released until the end of August. Also, reviews for the Speed : 5 Five Star Collection have been out for quite some time, and it won't be released until next Tuesday.
    Yet, I'm still wondering about the upcoming SE of Wrath Of Khan. Has the A/V quality of the film been improved since its last DVD release? How are the extras? Also, will Mr. Ron Epstein be reviewing this set for the forum? I certainly hope websites can produce their thoughts on this set sometime this week or next...

2. BenjaminG

BenjaminG Stunt Coordinator

I am also eagerly awaiting a review. Come on guys[​IMG]

3. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

I was under the impression that Paramount put an embargo on reviews up until one week before street date, so that might well be your answer.

4. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

Yea. Paramount discs are embargoed. You'll probably see reviews next week.

5. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Thanks for the reply Jeremy! By the way, DVD IGN is by far one of the great DVD sites - keep up the good work.
    I've noticed that Paramount discs tend to be quite late being reviewed - I remember Vanilla Sky had reviews coming out a few days before the street date. Thanks for the quick reply everybody. I hope Ron can share his views on the best Trek film yet.

6. Jeremy Conrad

7. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Hmm, I remember that the reviews for Star Trek: The Motion Picture and the TNG boxsets have been up 11 days before the release date. So if that trend continues, would there be a review up on the 26th somewhere?

8. Jeremy Conrad

Well, 11 days is the earliest they can go up, so if the discs arrive on time you'd most likely see a review up somewhere.

9. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor