What's new

Where are the St. Trinian's films!? (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I know "Blue Murder" was released on VHS at one time. Are these Janus films? I'd pony up for a box of all four in an instant.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'd "blue murder" for a St. Trinian's boxset (I own the R2 set) or an Alistair Sim collection (FOLLY TO BE WISE, THE GREEN MAN, LAUGHTER IN PARADISE, LONDON BELONGS TO ME, THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE (which is owned by Janus)). Lion's Gate owns St. Trinians picture and will be coming out with the Alistair Sim SCHOOL FOR SCOUNDRELS on dvd and Criterion is releasing GREEN FOR DANGER. If you like the St. Trinians films, you'll love HAPPIEST DAYS, which is available on VHS.

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
Charles - you have the R2 set? That's a pretty recent release, yes? What's the quality like on "Belles"? I bought an R4 Australian release of it a couple years ago, but it looks like it came from a pretty ragged source. If the R2 looks good, I might be up for an upgrade.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The R2 source for BELLES looks pretty good, but the PAL speedup is very annoying to me. The good news is that this is a StudioCanal acquisition, and beginning with a Hitchcock Collection (via StudioCanal) in February. Lions Gate will be releasing 12 "collections (Bardot, Godard, etc.) before the end of 2007. MGM/Sony and Fox are releasing several British films (e.g., ROYAL FLASH, PULP, REACH FOR THE SKY, PLAY DIRTY) on dvd and TCM showed some terrific and very obscure British films during January so a R1 release of ST. TRINIAN'S is not entirely out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.