Where are the Real Deluxe Collectors Ed's???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by fredl, Apr 13, 2002.

1. fredl

fredl Extra

For both laserdisc and VHS companies released very nice boxed deluxe collectors edition. I especially appreciated Disney's awesome boxes, like Snowwhite and Fantasia. It had soundtrack, making of and real signed drawings from the movie. I agree most current Disney movies might not deserve such a treatment, but it would be nice to see it offered. The Snowwhite 2disc deluxe edition with the booklike box was a nice touch.

What can I tell you, I like my boxedsets.

Now to the question part:

1) Do you think we will see a renaissance in this segment?

2) Who made the Disney boxes? Was it BV or was it a 3rd party?

3) Seeing the awesome work of afficionados like Paul Champagne, I can help wondering if there isn't someone lurking out there who could make boxes for our most precious items. I really like the look of the good old disney boxes but perhaps a more reasonable format would suffice given the smaller footprint of DVD's vs VHS.

Am I the only box maniac here?

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Creative Designs licensed several titles from Warner Home Video and included lobby cards, stills, one-sheets, CD soundtracks, and film cells. The DVD were the same ones as the stand-alone copies.

There are also the Limited Edition Anchor Bay tins with some unique "gift" inside. And of course, Pearl Harbor(2001): 60th Anniversary Gift Set which included Pearl Harbor(2001), National Geographic's Beyond The Movie: Pearl Harbor, and National Geographic map.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

The Matrix was one of the Warner releases, and I believe The Perfect Storm was one too.

Look into the future, oh ...say about November 12, and you'll see a 5 Disc Boxed Set of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. It comes with the Extended Cut of the film + gobs of extras + the National Geographic disc.

4. fredl

fredl Extra

Thanks for the info, I've bought most of the boxed sets released (that I atleast had _some_ interest in). For me the extra mile is well worth it for those special titles. The classic Disney Masterpieces are a big part of my childhood that's why I miss the VIT (very important title) treatment.

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Jurassic Park & The Lost World

and

The Wizard of Oz

both have these types of Deluxe sets available, with soundtracks and physical extras.

6. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I saw one for the time machine also.

I pass on these types of things because they are usually around $60.00