Where are the Indiana Jones DVD's????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Ped, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Anyone know the answer? Of all movies, this trilogy NEEDS to be released soon so I can continue living!

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Mike, Lucasfilm controls when Indy is released, reliable sources are pointing at Christmas 2002
    Jeff Kleist

3. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!!!!

4. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Just be thankful they're coming out THEN! George Lucas once said the original Star Wars trilogy wasn't coming to DVD until 2006!

5. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    didn't steve sansweet just say they won't release indy on dvd until they can promo it with indy four? if so that would be at least 2007 (assuming two years for production after ep III. releases in 2005)

6. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

In all of our dreams.

7. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

8. jez

jez Stunt Coordinator

Sorry to say that the above is wrong.
    In a recent Q&A Lucasfilm said that there is no plans what so ever to release Indy on DVD at the momment and they will be only released when Indy 4 is made [​IMG]
    So there you have it

9. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Indiana 4? Haven;t heard they were making it. What would it be called? Indiana jones and the Geezer who cheats at bingo in the retirement home?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Jay and Silent Bob in
    CLERKS

10. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Jez,
    Of course, they always said no Star Wars movies on DVD planned constantly for some 18 months whilst they were secretly doing Phantom Menace.... [​IMG]
    Dan (UK)

11. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

There has been quite a bit of speculation that we might see at least Raiders in late August of 2002.
    I haven't been able to find enough sources supporting this date to actually state that this is a real rumor at this time, though.
    My non-internet source, who is usually pretty reliable, has gone totally mute in regard to Indy on DVD.
    Joseph

12. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Dan's got a point. I doubt that it'll be much longer before we at least see a Raiders dvd. The trilogy is a big ol' cash cow just waitin' to be milked!
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
    "Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"
    [Edited last by SteveGon on August 19, 2001 at 08:47 AM]

13. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    Well, Friday's "Entertainment Tonight" had a prevue of the weekend show highlighting a look back at the making of the Indiana Jones trilogy.
    Here is the link! http://www.etonline.com/aboutET/a5634.htm
    Spence
    ------------------
    SpenceJT
    www.spenceplace.com
    "...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
    - Thank you Mr. Lemmon
    [Edited last by SpenceJT on August 19, 2001 at 09:05 AM]

14. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I think the problem is that Lucas doesn't want to release anything until they are definitive. Okay, so he's re-released Star Wars on video numerous times but personally my reasons for buying again have always been based on the quality of my old vids. Anyone who just buys them for the sake of it is their own worst enemy.
    The idea is laudable but pointless when LFL are busy with the Star Wars stuff and (apparently) haven't the staff to do anything else.
    I would like to see some nice-printed bare-bones versions of both the Indiana Jones trilogy and the Original Star Wars tilogy. I would certainly buy a later feature-filled set of Indiana Jones (presumably with IJ 4) and the feature-packed SE Star Wars Trilogy that would certainly follow.
    This is really what we should be petitioning Lucas about. Who needs features with movies *this* good?
    Theo

15. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

What "mi amigo" Dan Brecher said is correct. Lucasfilm will deny anything until the official announcement for Indiana Jones is made.
    I'm getting very disturbed that most of the rumors are stating that we're "only" going to see Raiders next year. Oh well, one is better than none. The problem is that once I watch Raiders, I'm going to want to reach into a boxed set for Temple and/or Crusade.
    Regards,
    Dan

16. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

17. Calvin Cullen

Calvin Cullen Stunt Coordinator

The 4-disc sets are pressed, packaged and waiting in an unmarked warehouse for the release of INDY IV. The Lucasfilm logo, of course, has long since been burned away.

18. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

All of the parties to Indy 4 have already green-lighted the project, except for one: Paramount. It has complained that Ford's compensationn demands (up front 20m plus percentages) as well as those of the other major players (incl Connery who would reprise his role as Ford's dad) have made the project so expensive before the first shot is even filmed, that it is not sure the whole exercise is viable.
    Paramount is the last hold out and are on record as 'considering' the project as we speak.

19. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I agree. Don't do Indy 4. They rode off into the sunset at the end of The last Crusade. That was a great film as well. I just hope if there is anotehr Indy movie it would still involve the Nazis like the first and third movies did. Maybe it could be set after The United States got into the War (Crusade took place in 1939 if I am not mistaken?)
    Raiders: 4/4 *s
    Temple: 2.5/4 *s
    Crusade: 3.5/4 *s
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Jay and Silent Bob in
    CLERKS

20. Ed Vandeweerd

Ed Vandeweerd Stunt Coordinator

Mike,
    To directly answer your question in George Lucas' Vault [​IMG]
    ------------------